Australian Women's Register
The Australian Women's Register is a fully searchable online database which aims to cover Australian women and Australian Women's organisations. It combines many resources and allows users to find historical and contemporary material on notable Australian women in all fields. It aims to help users find
- and other digital resources.
Part of the Australian Women’s Archives Project, it was established in 2000 and is maintained by the National Foundation for Australian Women (NFAW), together with the University of Melbourne.
National Foundation for Australian Women [ edit ]
The National Foundation for Australian Women (NFAW) was set up by a group of women's rights campaigners who wished to establish a body to promote women's movement ideas and policies. It was established in 1989 with seed money of $100,000 from Pamela Denoon and a trust fund in her name. It was to be independent of political parties and was to form partnerships with other women's organisations. Its purpose was to ensure that women's history, knowledge, and wisdom would be accessible to new generations of women, and to advance and protect Australian women's interest in all spheres of life.
See also [ edit ]
- Convict women in Australia
- List of Australian women artists
- List of Australian women writers
- List of Australian sportswomen
- Women and government in Australia
- Women in the Australian military
References [ edit ]
- Henningham, Nikki; Morgan, Helen (2 July 2016). "The Australian Women's Register and the case of the missing apostrophe; or, how we learnt to stop worrying and love librarians". The Australian Library Journal. 65 (3): 167–180. doi:10.1080/00049670.2016.1206094. ISSN 0004-9670.
- National Foundation for Australian Women and The University of Melbourne. "Home - The Australian Women's Register". womenaustralia.info. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- Shauna Hicks (10 April 2018). "Introducing The Australian Women's Register". theindepthgenealogist.com. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- Shauna Hicks (8 April 2014). "FIND YOUR SERVICEWOMAN IN THE ARCHIVES". tracesmagazine.com.au. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "National Foundation for Australian Women: history". www.nfaw.org. Retrieved 28 August 2019.