District location in Uganda
|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|• Total||1,527.5 km2 (589.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|• Density||148/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Location [ edit ]
Alebtong District is located in the Lango sub-region. The district is bordered by Otuke District to the north, Amuria District to the east, Dokolo District to the south, and Lira District to the west. The district headquarters are approximately 48 kilometres (30 mi), by road, east of Lira, the largest city in the sub-region. This is approximately 285 kilometres (177 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the district are 02 18N, 33 18E...
Overview [ edit ]
Population [ edit ]
In 1991, the national population census estimated the population of the district at 112,584. The 2002 national census estimated the population to be 163,047. The 2014 national population census enumerated the population at 225,327.
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- "Road Distance Between Lira And Alebtong With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Alebtong With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Odongo, Ronald (6 January 2014). "Alebtong Councilors Petition Minister over Sacked Vice Chairperson". Uganda Radio Network. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- Dennis Ogeng, and Paul Amoru (20 July 2010). "Breaking virgin land in Lira District". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- Districts of Uganda, Statoids, accessed 3 August 2015
- Counties of Uganda, Statoids, accessed 3 August 2015
- "Alebtong District Population in 1991, 2002 & 2014". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 12 August 2015.