American Party of Labor
|National Chair||Alfonso Casal|
|National Secretary||Victor Vaughn|
|Founded||December 6, 2008|
|Newspaper||The Red Phoenix|
|International affiliation||International Conference of Marxist–Leninist Parties and Organizations (ICMLPO)|
|Slogan||"All power to the working people!"|
History [ edit ]
The American Party of Labor had its origin in the activities of the American communist Jack Shulman, former secretary of Communist Party USA leader William Z. Foster, and the British Marxist–Leninist Bill Bland. Members of the American Party of Labor had previously been active in Alliance Marxist–Leninist and International Struggle Marxist–Leninist, two organizations founded by Shulman and Bland. The present day APL sees itself as upholding and continuing the work of Shulman and Bland. The APL maintains friendly relations with a number of foreign communist parties in the International Conference of Marxist–Leninist Parties and Organizations. In November 2018, the XXIVth Plenary of the International Conference of Marxist–Leninist Parties and Organizations granted the APL Observer status in that organization.
Activities [ edit ]
It has been involved in a number of events, such as a 2013 protest against the Golden Dawn in Chicago, a 2014 meeting on Ukraine, and a protest against Donald Trump at the 2016 Republican National Convention. In July 2017, 2018, and 2019 the APL participated in the XXI, XXII, and XXIII International Seminars on Problems of the Revolution in Latin America in Quito, Ecuador, hosted by the Marxist–Leninist Communist Party of Ecuador. On February 15, 2019, the APL took part in a protest outside a Cory Booker fundraiser event, objecting to his lack of opposition to regime change in Venezuela. In November, 2019, the APL endorsed and participated in the Conference to Refound the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression in Chicago, Illinois.
Party organ [ edit ]
Its current organ, The Red Phoenix, carries articles concerning contemporary political issues and theoretical and historical questions.
References [ edit ]
- "American Party of Labor (U.S.)". www.crwflags.com. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "'Here in the very belly of imperialism, you have comrades:' Alfonso Casal, National Spokesperson for the American Party of Labor, spoke to Evrensel about the APL and the U.S. policies". Evrensel Daily. 2017-07-24. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "The American Party of Labor Has Been Granted Observer Status in the International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations". The Red Phoenix. 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Struch, Eric (2013-01-25). "Chicago protesters say 'No' to Greek fascists". Workers World. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "Chicago forum on U.S. role in Ukraine: fascists attempt disruption". Fight Back! News. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "Support grows for "Dump Trump" protest planned for day one of Republican National Convention". Fight Back! News. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "Seminario Internacional Problemas de la Revolución en América Latina : [PARTIDO ESTADOUNIDENSE DEL TRABAJO] El ascenso del neofascismo americano: Apuntes sobre la presidencia de Donald Trump". Seminario Internacional Problemas de la Revolución en América Latina. 2017-07-27. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "Seminario Internacional Problemas de la Revolución en América Latina : [PARTIDO ESTADOUNIDENSE DEL TRABAJO] El legado de Karl Marx en la revitalización del movimiento obrero estadounidense". Seminario Internacional Problemas de la Revolución en América Latina. 2017-07-26. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Revolution is the Solution: Presentation of the American Party of Labor to the 23rd Seminar on the Problems of the Revolution in Latin America". The Red Phoenix. 2019-07-29. Retrieved 2019-07-29.
- "Booker on Blast: Hands Off Venezuela". NJ Anti War Agenda. 2019-02-16. Retrieved 2019-02-17.
- "Call to Refound the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression". Retrieved 2019-11-25.