|Location||Red Quar, Chewton Mendip|
|Geology||DolomiticConglomerate and Marl|
|Registry||Mendip Cave Registry|
It is unusual for a cave on the Mendip Hills in that it is not in limestone but instead in Dolomitic Conglomerate and Marl. The main part of the cave was first entered in 1992, although Red Quar Swallet had been dug in the 1930s and the entrance shaft is now a concrete pipe. .
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- "Attborough Swallet". Mendip Cave Registry & Archive. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Irwin, David John; Knibbs Anthony J. (1999). Mendip Underground: A Cavers Guide. Bat Products. ISBN 0-9536103-0-6.
- Shipton, Dave (June 1998). "Attborough Swallet Progress report". Belfry Bulletin. 497: 14. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- Witcombe, Richard (2009). Who was Aveline anyway?: Mendip's Cave Names Explained (2nd ed.). Priddy: Wessex Cave Club. p. 9. ISBN 978-0-9500433-6-4.
- "Attborough Swallet". Mendip Cave Registry & Archive. Retrieved 23 September 2012.