Bilabial ejective fricative
This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
(September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bilabial ejective fricative|
|IPA Number||126 + 401|
|Unicode (hex)||U+0278 U+02BC|
Features [ edit ]
Features of the bilabial ejective fricative:
- Its manner of articulation is fricative, which means it is produced by constricting air flow through a narrow channel at the place of articulation, causing turbulence.
- Its place of articulation is bilabial, which means it is articulated with both lips.
- Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords.
- It is an oral consonant, which means air is allowed to escape through the mouth only.
- The airstream mechanism is ejective (glottalic egressive), which means the air is forced out by pumping the glottis upward.
Occurrence [ edit ]
|Yuchi ||[example needed]|
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
[ edit ]
- List of languages with [ɸʼ] on PHOIBLE
|This phonetics article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|