Syriac Gospels, British Library, Add MS 14669
British Library, Add MS 14669, Syriacmanuscript of the New Testament, according to the Peshitta version, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 6th century. It contains fragments of the Gospels.
Description [ edit ]
It contains the text of the Gospel of Mark 14:71.72; 15:3-5.8-11.15.16; 15:17-40; Gospel of Luke 1:1-8 on 3 leaves (11 ½ by 8 ⅜ inches). The writing is in two columns per page, in 21-23 lines per page. The writing is a large, elegant Estrangela.
See also [ edit ]
- Other Peshitta manuscripts
- Codex Phillipps 1388
- British Library, Add MS 14455
- British Library, Add MS 14459
- British Library, Add MS 14479
- Sortable articles
References [ edit ]
- William Wright, Catalogue of the Syriac manuscripts in the British Museum (2002), p. 67.
Further reading [ edit ]
- William Wright, Catalogue of the Syriac manuscripts in the British Museum (1870; reprint: Gorgias Press 2002).