|• Mayor||Avelina Morales Serra (2015)|
|• Total||7.0 km2 (2.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||147 m (482 ft)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
Cabrils is a city and municipality in the comarca of Maresme in the province of Barcelona and autonomous community of Catalonia, Spain. It is situated between the municipalities of Vilassar de Mar, Vilassar de Dalt, Òrrius, Argentona and Cabrera de Mar, about ten kilometres from Mataró, the comarca capital.
History [ edit ]
Cabrils came into history after it was first mentioned in 1037, as a part of the jurisdiction of the neighboring castle of Vilassar de Dalt. It was under the jurisdiction of the castle until 1820, when Cabrils achieved the right to be an independent town with its own administration.
Climate [ edit ]
The climate of Cabrils is not unlike other Mediterranean climates, with soft temperatures in winter and a warm summer. It has an irregular regime of precipitation, with a period of drought in the months of July and August and a maximum precipitation in autumn, especially in September and October. The average annual precipitation for the period 1981-2004 was 632 mm/year, while the medium temperature of the warmest month (August) was 23,6 °C and the coldest was 9,2 °C (January). The torrential precipitation regime is frequent in autumn, having attained on some occasions values over 150 mm in a day (a fourth part of the annual medium precipitation). Its location within a valley, surrounded by hills and small mountains belonging to the Catalan pre-litoral mountain range, makes it a mild place in the summer and humid in winter.
Economy [ edit ]
The traditional economy of Cabrils was based on agriculture. Since the 80's the growth of Cabrils has been remarkable until becoming an important residential city. The building of residential housing has changed the landscape of the town while increasing the commercial and services functions. Cabrils has currently the third highest income per capita in Catalonia and the eighth highest in Spain.
Holidays [ edit ]
- Els Tres Tombs
- Festa Major - Patronal Feast Days: 3 May and 18 August
- Flower carpets on the feast of Corpus Christi: usually in June
- Mostra gastronòmica - Exhibition of Gastronomy in August
References [ edit ]
- "Ajuntament de Cabrils". Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "El municipi en xifres: Cabrils". Statistical Institute of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "El pueblo más rico de España está en Madrid y el más pobre en Granada". Lavanguardia.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
[ edit ]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cabrils.|
- Official website (in Catalan)
- Government data pages (in Catalan)
- Interesting and historic places at poblesdecatalunya.cat