Communist Party of the Donetsk People's Republic
This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||October 8, 2014|
0 / 100
The Communist Party of the Donetsk People's Republic (Russian: Коммунистическая партия Донецкой Народной Республики) is a political faction of the Donetsk Republic organization in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, led by Boris Litvinov, former chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Donetsk People's Republic then.
History [ edit ]
On October 8, 2014 it was announced about creation of the party. Boris Litvinov who previously was the headed of a regional branch of the Communist Party of Ukraine in the Kirovsky District, Donetsk[failed verification] was proclaimed chairman of the party. In May 2014 Boris Litvinov being a member of the Communist Party of Ukraine also was a member of the Borodai's government. In July through October 2014 Litvinov also headed the People's Soviet of self declared republic. After his dismissal from the post of chairman of People's Soviet, there were rumors that Litvinov was even briefly arrested, yet Litvnov himself denied them.
Litvinov said the Communists would support Alexander Zakharchenko, previous President of the Donetsk People's Republic, to win the 2014 Donbass general elections for premiership. The Communists have endorsed Prime Minister Alexander Zakharchenko’s candidature at the 2 November elections for premiership. In these elections the Communists were banned from participating because it "made too many mistakes" in its submitted documents. According to some Russian media, the final party's lists were edited in Moscow. Selected members were allowed to be on the party list for the Donetsk Republic Party. To the Soviet were elected only three members of the political organization and included Boris Litvinov, Vadim Zaibert, and Nikolai Ragozin. Zaibert was later killed in war and not replaced, thus leaving only two members of the party in the Soviet.
In 2016 Litvinov and Ragozin were expelled from the Soviet due to "loss of confidence", thus leaving the party with no representatives.
Program [ edit ]
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- [dead link]Vperyod. Official website[dead link]
- "Communist Party created in Donetsk People's Republic". TASS. October 8, 2014.
- (in Ukrainian)"Parliament" of terrorists of "DNR" led by a communist, Ukrayinska Pravda (24 July 2014)
- Communists of Donbass ask Zyuganov for protection. Gazeta.ru. 20 May 2016
- Eastern Ukraine's Fake State Is About to Elect a Fake Prime Minister
- "Donetsk: The Third Extraordinary Congress of the Communist Party of the DNR Took Place". Left Russia. 2016-08-11. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- Communist Party of the Donetsk People's Republic program. Vperyod.