Coordinating Committee for the Refoundation of the Fourth International
|Part of a series on|
The Coordinating Committee for the Refoundation of the Fourth International (CRFI) is a Trotskyist international organisation. Its name in Spanish is Coordinadora por la Refundación de la Cuarta Internacional. It was formed in 2004 at a conference in Buenos Aires called by the Movement for the Refoundation of the Fourth International. It has members in South America, Western Europe and the Middle East. The committee has nine members from Argentina, Chile, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Uruguay, Turkey, Finland and Venezuela. They include Jorge Altamira, Savas Matsas, Sungur Savran and Marco Ferrando.
The Argentianian PO is the largest section of the CRFI and as such drew its international co-thinkers into the new tendency from other countries in Latin America. However the Workers Revolutionary Party of Greece and the International Trotskyist Opposition had different roots from the PO and its allies. The fusion of these groups provides the CRFI with small but real bases in both Greece and Italy.
It held a conference of worker-militants in the European and Mediterranean region in Athens in June 2013. It held a further meeting of its International Committee in December 2013. It held a second conference of worker-militants in the European and Mediterranean region in Athens in March 2014.
Member sections of the CRFI are as follows:
- Workers' Party (Partido Obrero, PO) in Argentina.
- Revolutionary Workers Party (Partido Obrero Revolucionario, POR) in Chile.
- Workers Revolutionary Party (Ergatiko Epanastatiko Komma, EEK) in Greece.
- Workers Communist Party (Partito Comunista dei Lavoratori, PCL) in Italy.
- Revolutionary Action Group (Grupo de Acción Revolucionaria, GAR) in Mexico.
- Workers' Party (Partido de los Trabajadores, PT) in Uruguay.
- Revolutionary Workers' Party (Devrimci İşçi Partisi, DİP) in Turkey.
- Marxist Workers' League (Marxilainen Työväenliitto, MTL) in Finland.
- Workers' Option (Opción Obrera, OO) in Venezuela.
The Proletarian Society of China periodical The Trotskyist, China/Hong Kong, was close to the CRFI.
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- http://redmed.org/article/international-conference-europe-crisis-internationalist-revolutionary-alternative report on conference
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-13. Retrieved 2013-05-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) PO article (Spanish)
- http://www.eek.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1673:crfi-redmed-appeal&catid=79:englishtext&Itemid=76 Appeal for conference
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-17. Retrieved 2013-06-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) report on conference (Spanish)
- http://www.pclavoratori.it/files/index.php?c3:o3382 report on conference (Italian)
- http://prensa.po.org.ar/po1299/2014/01/02/la-crci-se-reunio-en-atenas/ report on committee (Spanish)
- http://www.eek.gr/index.php/englishtext/79-articles/englishtext/2461-call-for-the-2nd-workers-euro-conference-on-europe-in-crisis appeal for conference (English)
- http://www.eek.gr/index.php/englishtext/79-articles/englishtext/2499-declaration-of-the-2nd-workers-euro-mediterranean-conference declaration of the conference (English)
- http://prensa.po.org.ar/po1308/2014/04/03/conferencia-europea-un-avance-politico/ report on debates at conference (Spanish)