This article does not cite any sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Region||Community of Madrid|
|• Mayor||Ángel Viveros (2015–present) (PSOE)|
|• Total||11.7 km2 (4.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||621 m (2,037 ft)|
|• Density||7,000/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
28821, 28822, 28823
The Dry Port of the Community of Madrid is located in Coslada, which has become a major logistics hub in the country. Due to the area's close proximity to the Madrid–Barajas Airport and the Dry Port, the stretch of industrial cities from Madrid to Guadalajara along the A-2 freeway (known as the Corredor del Henares and more recently the "golden mile" of online sales) has, since the 1990s, grown into a logistics hub, similar to East Midlands in England, with the entire area now boasting 5.7 million m² of logistics space in total. With investment from foreign funds and socimis, the logistics sector has grown rapidly thanks to increases in internet shopping. As Coslada runs out of space, other logistics companies have started to move into nearby cities such as Marchamalo, San Fernando de Henares, and Torija.
A large percentage of Coslada's population works at the airport. Most Spanish transportation and shipping companies have branch offices in Coslada; the city is host to 706 logistics companies, the most in the country. El Corte Inglés operates a distribution center in the city, and delivery company Nacex opened a new distribution center in November 2018.
Area and population [ edit ]
- Area: 11.7 km²
- There are 102,890 inhabitants.
- Migration: there are 17,000 foreign-born inhabitants, who represent 12% of the total population. Most are Romanians, though there are also small numbers of Chinese, Latin Americans, Guineans, Vietnamese and Indians.
- Population density: 6,907.8/km²
- Inhabitants of Coslada are called Cosladeños.
Location and transportation [ edit ]
- Coslada is located at 40,25° North, 3,32° West.
- 12 kilometres east of downtown Madrid, Coslada is part of the metropolitan area.
- The city is surrounded by other municipalities such as Madrid and San Fernando de Henares.
- Coslada is covered and connected to the Madrid metropolitan area by the line (L7) of the Madrid Metro in May 2007, local and regional bus lines, a commuter trains line (C-1,C-2 and C-7) and several major freeways (A-2 (Madrid-Barcelona), M-40,M-45,M-50) and toll highways (R-3).
Health care [ edit ]
The Hospital Universitario del Henares, located in Coslada, provides medical attention to the municipality as well as to San Fernando de Henares, Mejorada del Campo, Loeches and Velilla de San Antonio.
Notable people [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- Peinado, Fernando (18 February 2019). "The industrial town that became Spain's 'golden mile' of e-commerce". Translated by Urra, Susana. Coslada: El País. Archived from the original on 18 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.
- "Plataforma por Sanidad Pública denuncia falta de especialidades y horas de espera en Hospital del Henares". Crónica Madrid. 2 October 2014.
[ edit ]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coslada.|
- Ayuntamiento de Coslada, Town Hall of Coslada.
- Concursos de Coslada Tramitaciones, concursos y tramites de estudio en Coslada.
- Coslada en Google Maps
|This article about a location in the Community of Madrid, Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|