Council of States (Sudan)
This article needs to be updated.September 2016)(
The Council of States of the Republic of Sudan
مجلس الولايات السوداني
|Disbanded||May 2019 (temporary)|
Length of term
|1 June 2015|
|Republic of Sudan Council of States|
This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Council of States (مجلس الولايات السوداني, Maǧlis al-Wilāyāt) is the currently-suspended upper house of the parliament of Sudan. It was formed in 2005 as part of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) which establishment of bicameral National Legislature. The members are indirectly elected by state legislatures and serve five-year terms.
The National Legislature, which includes the Council of States, was dissolved on 11 April 2019 following the overthrow of President Omar al-Bashir and his National Congress of Sudan in a military coup.
Presidents of the Council of States [ edit ]
|Position||Took office||Left office||Notes|
|Ali Yahya Abdalla||31 August 2005||2010|| |
|Maj-Gen. Adam Hamid Musa||May 2010||2014 - ?|| |
|Omer Suleiman Adam||1 June 2015||11 April 2019|| |
References [ edit ]
- "IPU PARLINE database: SUDAN (Majlis Welayat), ELECTIONS IN 2010". archive.ipu.org.
- "IPU PARLINE database: SUDAN (Majlis Welayat), General information". archive.ipu.org.
- "IPU PARLINE database: SUDAN (Majlis Welayat), Full text". archive.ipu.org.
- "IFES Election Guide - Elections: Sudan Parliament 2015". www.electionguide.org.
- Sarah El Sirgany, Nima Elbagir and Yasir Abdullah. "Sudan's President Bashir forced out in military coup". CNN.
- "Amendment"(PDF). raisethevoices.org. 2019. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- Parlements. Inter-parliamentary Union. 2007.
- "Assecaa". Assecaa. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- "Monitor report"(PDF). unmis.unmissions.org. 2010. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- "IPU PARLINE database: SUDAN (Majlis Watani), ELECTIONS IN 2010". archive.ipu.org.
- "Assecaa". Assecaa. 30 March 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
[ edit ]
|This legislature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|