|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||100 km2 (40 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,800/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Shenyang district map||
Dadong District (Chinese: 大东区; pinyin: Dàdōng Qū) is one of ten districts of the prefecture-level city of Shenyang, the capital of the Chinese province of Liaoning. It borders Shenbei New Area to the north, Dongling to the east, Shenhe to the south, and Huanggu to the west.
|Literal meaning||Great East|
Toponymy [ edit ]
Its name derives from the fact that the district started off as the residential area immediately outside the old inner city wall's Fujin Gate (撫近門), which is also called Great East Gate (大東門).
Administrative divisions [ edit ]
Dadong District has fifteen subdistricts:
- Wanquan Subdistrict (万泉街道)
- Guancheng Subdistrict (管城街道)
- Chang'an Subdistrict (长安街道)
- Dongta Subdistrict (东塔街道)
- Xindong Subdistrict (新东街道)
- Zhulin Subdistrict (珠林街道)
- Xiaodong Subdistrict (小东街道)
- Xiaojinqiao Subdistrict (小津桥街道)
- Dabei Subdistrict (大北街道)
- Xiaobei Subdistrict (小北街道)
- Taochang Subdistrict (洮昌街道)
- Liaoshen Subdistrict (辽沈街道)
- Dongzhan Subdistrict (东站街道
- Ertaizi Subdistrict (二台子街道)
- Wenguan Subdistrict (文官街道)
Transport [ edit ]
Tourist attractions [ edit ]
The district contains popular tourist landmarks such as the 9.18 Historical Museum, the North and East Pagodas, Bawang Temple and the Wanquan Park.
References [ edit ]
- Google (2014-07-02). "Dadong" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- 分地区土地面积和人口密度 (2012年末) (in Chinese). Shenyang Statistics Bureau. Archived from the original on 26 September 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- World Airline Directory. Flight International. March 19–25, 2002. 48. "Dong Ta Airport, 3-1 Xiaoheyan Road, Dadong District, Shenyang City, Liaoning, 110043, China"
[ edit ]
|This Liaoning location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|