The 1930s architecture of Moy's Grand Courtyard in Duanfen Town, Taishan attracts worldwide tourists, photographers and filmmakers.
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||300 km2 (100 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
History [ edit ]
In 1932, returning overseas-Chinese founded a middle school in Duanfen. It was the first in Taishan.
Duanfen experienced an earthquake on May 20, 1936.
Geography [ edit ]
The town covers 300 km2 (120 sq mi) with 17 village committees.
Demographics [ edit ]
Economy [ edit ]
Much of Duanfen's economy is industrially based, with two industry zones composed of 18 foreign and 12 domestic investors. These industries comprise grain processing, chemical, electronics, and appliance manufacturing, and clothing and accessory production.
Agriculture includes rice, livestock, eels, and bamboo shoots.
There is an architectural tourism industry in Duanfen. Constructed by returning overseas Chinese, heritage western-style arcade buildings and courtyards include Moy's Grand Courtyard (梅家大院), and Wong's Buildings (翁家楼).
References [ edit ]
- Taishan International Web "Taishan History"
- Duanfen Town, Taishan City People's Government "About Duanfen Town"Archived December 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Taishan Merchant Web "Duanfen Town"Archived August 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Duanfen Town, Taishan City People's Government "Three-High Agriculture" [permanent dead link]
- Duanfen Town, Taishan City People's Government "Moy's Grand Courtyard" [permanent dead link]
- Duanfen Town, Taishan City People's Government "Notes on Wong's Buildings" [permanent dead link]