Encyclopædia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite
Screenshot of the Encyclopædia Britannica 2010 Ultimate Reference Suite
|Developer(s)||Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.|
2015 Ultimate Edition
Mac OS X
Product description [ edit ]
Awards [ edit ]
Encyclopædia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite received the 2004 Distinguished Achievement Award from the Association of Educational Publishers. Its predecessor, Britannica DVD, received Codie awards in 2000, 2001 and 2002.
Linux support [ edit ]
There is no official release of Britannica for the Linux operating system; however, a script is provided that can help experienced users run Encyclopædia Britannica 2004 Ultimate Reference Suite DVD (and other 2004 editions of Britannica) on Linux, with some limitations (for example the dictionary, Flash/QuickTime presentations, and content update functions do not work, and preferences must be edited manually). This script specifically requires version 1.3.1 of JRE, but can usually be made to work with newer versions if the version check is commented out.
Minimum system requirements [ edit ]
The 2012 edition states the following system requirements:
|Processor||Pentium III, PowerPC G5 or Intel Core|
|Memory||512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)|
|Optical disc||DVD-ROM drive|
|Hard Disk Space||2.05 GB free hard-drive space (4.70 GB for full installation)|
|Display||1024x768 resolution, 16-bit color|
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- "2015 Ultimate Edition DVD (Windows)". Encyclopædia Britannica Technical Support. Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Britannica Store". Archived from the original on June 1, 2010. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- "2004 Distinguished Achievement Awards Winners: Technology". Association of Educational Publishers. 1 August 2003. Archived from the original on October 17, 2006. Retrieved 11 April 2007.
- "2001 Codie Awards Winners". Software and Information Industry Association. 2007. Archived from the original on December 31, 2006. Retrieved 11 April 2007.
- "2002 Codie Awards Winners". Software and Information Industry Association. 2007. Archived from the original on January 1, 2007. Retrieved 11 April 2007.
- "Encyclopædia Britannica Technical Support Contact Page". Support.britannica.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.