This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Australia [ edit ]
Equitana expos have been held biennially in Melbourne since 1999, attracting more than 50,000 visitors per event. In 2004, the event won a Victorian Tourism Award in the Major Event or Festival category.
The event has also been held in Brisbane in 2002 and since 2011 has been held biennially at the Sydney Showgrounds, alternating each year with the Melbourne Showgrounds. Definitive Events have been running Equitana Australia since 1999. In 2014, Equitana returned to the biannual format. In 2016, Equitana will be held at Melbourne Showgrounds from 17–20 November.
Germany [ edit ]
The 2009 fair was held on 14–21 March at Essen fairground. More than 850 exhibitors from 30 countries registered for the trade fair, which was visited by 213,000 visitors from Germany and around the world. Equitana is one of Germany's most visited trade fairs.
On 31 March 2010, it was announced that Equitana had entered into a ten-year contract to ensure that Essen which will remain the “horse world’s trade fair capital“ for another five events until the year 2019. The 2011, Equitana took place on 12–20 March 2011. In 2010, Equitana will host a festival of equestrian sports, and in 2013 the Equestrian Sports World Fair will return to Germany.
United States [ edit ]
There was also Equitana USA, a similar trade fair that was held in Louisville, Kentucky.
References [ edit ]
- "Equitana Melbourne". Archived from the original on 2010-05-15. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Landline - 1/12/2002: Brisbane Equitana the largest horse expo ever . Australian Broadcasting Corp". abc.net.au. Archived from the original on 2013-06-30. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "EQUITANA Brisbane - Equiworld Magazine September 2002". equiworld.net.
- "EQUITANA 2014 |News | Definitive Events | +61 3 8698 2000". www.definitiveevents.com.au. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- Veronika Altebäumer (April 1, 2009). "Komplettpaket für Pferd und Reiter" (in German). WAZ-Mediengruppe. Retrieved June 5, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-25. Retrieved 2010-06-05. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Thyen, Christina (21 June 2010). "EQUITANA – Messe für Pferdesport, Reitsport, Pferdemesse, Pferde Messe". equitana.com.
- Terry Boyd (July 12, 1996). "Equitana USA equestrian event gets big response, making it a hot bet to appear annually". Business First of Louisville. Retrieved June 5, 2010.