This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
East China University of Science and Technology Fengxian Campus
Fengxian in Shanghai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Fengxian District, is a suburban district in the south of Shanghai with a land area of 704.68 km2 (272.08 sq mi), a registered population (as of 2010) of 1,083,400, and 1.5 to 2 times more migrants. It is known for its relative rusticity, as well as its beaches and ocean resorts along the Hangzhou Bay. Lanhai Jinsha (Chinese: 碧海金沙; literally: 'Blue Sea, Gold Beach') is a common place for Shanghainese to spend their weekend.
Overview [ edit ]
Nanqiao is a major town in Fengxian district, which recent development has more than doubled in size. Of particular interest is Guhua Park which contains the "Three Women Temple" or "Ancestral Hall" (三女祠; Sān Nǚ Cí). During the Zhou dynasty, the King of Wu's three daughters hanged themselves rather than be caught by the King of Yue's soldiers. The town is also a short taxi ride from Xinghai Beach and its resorts, also slated for development. Nanqiao has a 1000-bed medical center, the Fengxian District Central Hospital, which is an all-discipline tertiary hospital.[clarification needed]
Nanqiao is about 30 minutes from downtown Shanghai by car or about 1–2 hours by public transit. It can be reached by taking the Line 1 subway to Xinzhuang and transferring to the Line 5 subway to Dongchuan Road. Alternatively, one can transfer to the Xinnan Bus[clarification needed] at Xinzhuang, the Nanmei Line (南梅线) from Jinjiang Park to Nanqiao Bus Station (南桥汽车站), or the Shangfeng Bus[clarification needed] at the Shanghai South Railway Station Station's South Square.
Towns [ edit ]
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Shanghainese Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Xidu Subdistrict||西渡街道||Xīdù Jiēdào||sij du ka do||361,185||28.77|
|Nanqiao town||南桥镇||Nánqiáo Zhèn||neu djio tzen||114.68|
|Fengcheng town||奉城镇||Fèngchéng Zhèn||von zen tzen||176,938||110.65|
|Zhuanghang town||庄行镇||Zhuāngháng Zhèn||tzaon raon tzen||62,388||70.00|
|Jinhui town||金汇镇||Jīnhuì Zhèn||cin we tzen||108,264||71.72|
|Situan town||四团镇||Sìtuán Zhèn||sy deu tzen||65,389||74.10|
|Qingcun town||青村镇||Qīngcūn Zhèn||tsin tsen tzen||89,163||74.31|
|Zhelin town||柘林镇||Zhèlín Zhèn||tzau lin tzen||62,589||73.50|
|Haiwan town||海湾镇||Hǎiwān Zhèn||he ue tzen||28,457||100.60|
|Fengpu Community||奉浦社区||Fèngpǔ Shèqū||von phu zau chiu||57,341||20.80|
|Shanghai Fengxian Bay Tourism Zone||上海市奉贤区海湾旅游区||Shànghǎi Shì Fèngxián Qū Hǎiwān Lǚyóuqū||zaon he zy von yi chiu he ue liu yoe chiu||29,151||13.20|
|Jinhai Community||金海社区||Jīnhǎi Shèqū||cin he zau chiu||32,123||18.49|
|Shanghai Seaport Comprehensive Economic Development Zone||上海海港综合经济开发区||Shànghǎi Hǎigǎng Zònghé Jīngjì Kāifāqū||zaon he kaon tzon keq cin tzij khe faq chiu||10,475||15.00|
Economy [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- Census Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China; Population and Employment Statistics Division of the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China (2012). 中国2010人口普查分乡、镇、街道资料 (1 ed.). Beijing: China Statistics Print. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Contact Us." M&G Stationery. Retrieved on April 19, 2014. "Add:3469 Jinqian Rd, Guangming Economic Zone, Fengxian District, Shanghai, China Zip:201406 " Map Archived 2014-04-19 at the Wayback Machine - Chinese address Archived 2014-04-20 at the Wayback Machine: "上海市奉贤区光明经济开发区金钱公路3469号. 电话：, 021-57474488."
Further reading [ edit ]
- "Fengxian District". Encyclopedia of Shanghai. Shanghai Municipal Government. 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.
[ edit ]
- Media related to Fengxian District at Wikimedia Commons
- Three firefighters killed in blaze at Chinese plastics factory at Wikinews
|This Shanghai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|