|Died||13 March 2010 (aged 82–83)|
|Alma mater||Ain Shams University|
Biography [ edit ]
Zakariyya was born in 1927. He studied at Ain Shams University in Cairo, and obtained a doctorate in philosophy in 1956. Zakariyya was the head of the philosophy department at Kuwait University from 1974 to 1991.
Zakarriya was a recipient of the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Award for Humanities and Future Studies.
Books [ edit ]
- Myth and Reality in the Contemporary Islamist Movement 
Articles [ edit ]
- The Incoherence of Islamic Fundamentalism
References [ edit ]
- "Fouad Zakariyya, Arab existentialist with a secular vision". The National. 20 March 2010. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Mohammad Al Mutawa (17 March 2010). "Fouad Zakaria: Saluting the father of Arab existentialism". Gulf News. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Fouad Zakariyya, 1927-2010". The Arabist. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
|This biographical article about an Egyptian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|