Global Gaming Expo
|Global Gaming Expo|
|Venue||Sands Expo (G2E)
The Venetian Macao (G2E Asia)
Marriott Manila (G2E Asia @ the Philippines)
|Inaugurated||October 1, 2001
June 13, 2007 (G2E Asia)
December 3, 2019 (G2E Asia @ the Philippines)
American Gaming Association
Global Gaming Expo (G2E) is a gambling industry trade show presented by the American Gaming Association (AGA) and organized by Reed Exhibitions. The flagship G2E convention debuted in 2001 and is held each fall in Las Vegas, Nevada.
G2E Las Vegas [ edit ]
The first Global Gaming Expo took place October 1–3, 2001 at the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), featuring 375 corporate exhibitors, nearly 10,000 attendees, and VIP keynote speakers such as Academy Award-winning actress Whoopi Goldberg and then-chairman and CEO of MGM Studios Alex Yemenidjian. In previous years, LVCC had been the site of GEM Communications' World Gaming Congress & Expo (WGCE), which had maintained a partnership with AGA and was essentially unrivaled as the industry's preeminent conference. After failing to negotiate a contract renewal with GEM in 2000, however, the AGA elected to launch G2E as a rival exhibition that would be "by the industry and for the industry." Its first year was also WGCE's last; sixth months after the inaugural Global Gaming Expo, AGA bought out WGCE, establishing G2E as North America's largest exhibition for the gaming-entertainment industry.
In 2010, the AGA announced that the tenth annual expo that November would be the last to take place at LVCC before a move to the privately-owned Sands Expo, where G2E has since[update] remained. The change of venue was accompanied by a return to the exhibition's original time of year, with the AGA citing the need for "more breathing room between major international gaming events" among its reasons for moving back to early October.
G2E features educational sessions that typically run from Monday through Thursday of the conference week, as well as an expo hall open from Tuesday through Thursday where hundreds of exhibitor companies showcase products and services. Since 2013[update], annual total show attendance has consistently topped 25,000, and in 2017 G2E was recognized as one of the 25 fastest-growing trade shows by attendance.
G2E Asia [ edit ]
Specifically targeting the growing Asian gaming industry, the annual Global Gaming Expo Asia (G2E Asia) is, like its larger American counterpart, presented by the American Gaming Association and organized by Reed Exhibitions. In 2006, the same year Macau's gambling industry surpassed that of Las Vegas in gross gaming revenues, Global Gaming Expo acquired the Asian Gaming Expo from the Australasian Gaming Machine Manufacturers Association, and announced that it would rebrand the annual event as G2E Asia. The convention debuted at the Macau Tower June 13–14, 2007, shortly before the opening of G2E Asia's long-term home, The Venetian Macao, which as of 2019[update] has housed the expo in every year since.
In 2019, G2E Asia expanded its scope with the announcement of the inaugural G2E Asia @ the Philippines exhibition, to take place December 3–4 of that year in cooperation with the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation. Organizers selected the Marriott Manila, part of the Resorts World Manila integrated resort, as the venue for the new event.
References [ edit ]
- Buzz Daly, "Buzz Daly: Sportsbook Scene", Casino City Times, October 29, 2001
- Kevin Ferguson, "Gaming conferences remain on schedule", Las Vegas Sun, September 25, 2001
- William Spain, "Las Vegas still reeling from attacks", MarketWatch, October 1, 2001
- "Buyout of World Gaming Congress complete", Las Vegas Sun, April 16, 2002
- "AGA, Reed Exhibitions intend to acquire World Gaming Congress Trade Show Assets", Gaming Floor, February 8, 2002
- David Waddell, "Global Gaming Expo 2002: The Industry's Premier Event", Casino City Press's GamingMeets.com, April 17, 2002
- "G2E to shift schedule, venues", Gaming Today, September 1, 2010
- "American Gaming Association And Reed Exhibitions Begin Countdown To G2E 2011", globalgamingexpo.com, January 24, 2011
- "G2E 2015 Event Fact Sheet"
- "Global Gaming Expo 2016 Attracted 27,000 Gaming Professionals; Seven Percent Increase Over 2015", globalgamingexpo.com, October 25, 2016
- "Business Numbers Boom at Global Gaming Expo 2018, globalgamingexpo.com, October 25, 2018
- "2017 TSNN Awards Recap", The Trade Show News Network
- "Macau beats Vegas at its own game", The Guardian, July 20, 2007
- "G2E Acquires Asian Gaming Expo; G2E Asia to Debut in June 2007" Business Wire, June 13, 2006
- "G2E Asia Launches New Expo in the Philippines", August 27，2019
- "Technology changes rise to the forefront at this year's G2E" (reviewjournal.com)
- "G2E 2014 wrapped up another exciting edition yesterday in Las Vegas" (Yogonet.com)
- "Global Gaming Expo to tackle industry’s most pressing issues in 2015 seminar line-up" (Yogonet.com)
- Look to the future: Games on display at G2E show transition to skill-based products (vegasinc.com)
- “I expect we’ll see a proliferation of skill-based games at G2E Las Vegas" (Yogonet.com)
- G2E announces new team members (ggrasia.com)
- "G2E Asia 2015 had record number of visitors" (ggrasia.com)
[ edit ]
- Official site
- Global Gaming Expo Asia official site
- American Gaming Association
- Reed Exhibitions Official site
- Global Gaming Women
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This gambling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|