Grapeland Heights neighborhood within the City of Miami
|• City of Miami Commissioner||Alex Diaz de la Portilla|
|• Miami-Dade Commissioners||Eileen Higgins|
|• House of Representatives||Luis R. Garcia, Jr. (D)|
|• U.S. House||Donna Shalala (D)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|• Density||10,697/sq mi (4,130/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-05 (EST)|
|Area code(s)||305, 786|
Grapeland Heights is a neighborhood in the city of Miami, Florida, United States. It is just east of Miami International Airport and north of Miami's West Flagler neighborhood. It is primarily a single-family residential neighborhood with a significant maritime industry along the neighborhood's eastern end along the Miami River.
History [ edit ]
In May 2008, Grapeland Water Park opened alongside the Melreese Country Club. The Grapeland Water Park is the first water park to open in Miami. The park is the largest city park in Grapeland Heights, and has proved very popular amongst young Miamians. In June 2011, it received national recognition from the City Parks Alliance chosen for its excellence in design and innovation.
Geography [ edit ]
Education [ edit ]
Miami-Dade Public Library operates all area public libraries:
- Grapeland Heights Library, now closed and replaced with bookmobile service
Transportation [ edit ]
- Miami Central Station (Airport) (NW 21st Street and 37th Avenue)
- Miami Intermodal Center (NW 21st Street and 37th Avenue)
Places of interest [ edit ]
- Grapeland Water Park
- Melreese Golf Course
References [ edit ]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-06-05. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy"(PDF). Archived from the original(PDF) on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-06-05. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-07-13. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Miami's Grapeland Water Park Receives National Recognition". 12 July 2011.
- "MDPLS – 404 Page Not Found". www.mdpls.org. Archived from the original on 2014-10-17. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Parks & Recreation Dept". www.miamigov.com.