Heping District, Shenyang
Statue of Mao Zedong in Zhongshan Square
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||60 km2 (20 sq mi)|
|• Density||12,000/km2 (30,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Shenyang district map||
Heping District (Chinese: 和平区; pinyin: Hépíng Qū) is one of ten districts of the prefecture-level city of Shenyang, the capital of the Chinese province of Liaoning. It borders the districts of Huanggu to the north, Shenhe to the east, Dongling to the southeast, Sujiatun to the south, and Tiexi and Yuhong to the west.
|Heping District, Shenyang|
Economy [ edit ]
Northeast Electricity, China Post, railways, other such industrial hubs and many media outlets such as Liaoning Radio and Television, Shenyang Radio and Television and Shenyang Daily newspaper are also located in this district.
Politics [ edit ]
Heping District is also the core area for many political institutions in the Northeast, including CPC Liaoning Provincial Committee, headquarters of the Northern Theater Command (previously the Shenyang Military Region), General Logistics Department and the consulates-general of the United States, Japan, South Korea, North Korea and other countries.
Administrative divisions [ edit ]
- Nanzhan Subdistrict (南站街道)
- Yunji Subdistrict (云集街道)
- Minzhu Subdistrict (民主街道)
- Suichuan Subdistrict (遂川街道)
- Shengli Subdistrict (胜利街道)
- Xita Subdistrict (西塔街道)
- Xinxing Subdistrict (新兴街道)
- Nanhu Subdistrict (南湖街道)
- Maluwan Subdistrict (马路湾街道)
- Shashan Subdistrict (砂山街道)
- Beidaokou Subdistrict (北道口街道)
- Zhonghua Road Subdistrict (中华路街道)
- Xinhua Subdistrict (新华街道)
- Beizhan Subdistrict (北站街道)
- Jixian Subdistrict (集贤街道)
- Yuan Road Subdistrict (园路街道)
- Beishi Subdistrict (北市街道)
- Wusong Subdistrict (吴淞街道)
- Bajing Subdistrict (八经街道)
- Shisiwei Road Subdistrict (十四纬路街道)
- Changbai Subdistrict (长白街道)
Transport [ edit ]
The district, better known as the downtown, sprung up around Shenyang Railway Station (known locally as the "South Station" in contrast to the "North Station" in Shenhe District), the former hub of the South Manchurian Railway.
Education [ edit ]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2018)
Visitor attractions [ edit ]
Heping District has all manner of commercial businesses that are brightly neon-lit at night, centered around Taiyuan Street (太原街; Taìyuán Jīe), one of the most famous shopping districts in Northeast China. At the center of the district is Zhongshan Square (中山广场; Zhōngshān Guǎngchǎng), which features one of China's largest statues of Chairman Mao—a record of the era of the Cultural Revolution. Northwest of Zhongshan Square lies the West Pagoda Korean Neighborhood or Koreatown. Many of the boulevards in this area are lined of very large ginkgo trees, which become golden in color and produce their distinctive fruits in autumn.
References [ edit ]
- Google (2014-07-02). "Heping" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Archived copy" 分地区土地面积和人口密度 (2012年末) (in Chinese). Shenyang Statistics Bureau. Archived from the original on 26 September 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2014. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "ANA City offices Asia." All Nippon Airways. Retrieved on 13 August 2011. "Room 3-1203, Tower2 City Plaza Shenyang, 206 Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang 110001"
- "Security Message about Recent Protests at Emei Mountain ( July 8, 2014)" (Archive). U.S. Consulate in Chengdu. Retrieved on May 17, 2015. "No. 52, 14th Wei Road, Heping District Shenyang 110003"