Hong Kong Economic, Trade and Cultural Office (Taiwan)
President International Tower
|Formed||December 2011 (start of operation)
15 May 2012 (inauguration)
|Jurisdiction||Republic of China|
|Headquarters||Xinyi, Taipei, Taiwan
|Hong Kong Economic, Trade and Cultural Office|
The Hong Kong Economic, Trade and Cultural Office (HKETCO; Chinese: 香港經濟貿易文化辦事處) is the representative office of Hong Kong in the Republic of China. Its counterpart body in Hong Kong is the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Hong Kong.
Opening [ edit ]
The office started to operate in Taiwan in December 2011. On 15 May 2012, Minister of Mainland Affairs Council of the Republic of China Lai Shin-yuan oversaw the opening ceremony of the office. Also present during the opening ceremony was John Tsang, Financial Secretary of the Hong Kong SAR. He said during his opening note that Taiwan and Hong Kong have made substantial progress in the area of economic exchanges, cultural exchanges, financial supervision cooperation, bilateral transportation arrangement and cargo transshipment.
List of Directors [ edit ]
Transportation [ edit ]
See also [ edit ]
- Hong Kong–Taiwan Economic and Cultural Co-operation and Promotion Council
- Taiwan–Hong Kong Economic and Cultural Co-operation Council
- Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office
- Foreign relations of Hong Kong
- Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Hong Kong
- List of diplomatic missions in Taiwan
- Cross-Strait relations
- One-China policy
References [ edit ]
- "welcome_page". Archived from the original on July 1, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- http://www.cepd.gov.tw/encontent/m1.aspx?sNo=0017205 [permanent dead link]
- "Latest Updates". Eccpc.org.hk. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "HKETCO - Contact Us". Hketco.hk. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Hketco - Cv". Hketco.hk. 2011-12-07. Archived from the original on 2014-03-28. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Why is HK delaying work visa for Taiwan agency official?".