|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||66 km2 (25 sq mi)|
|• Density||14,000/km2 (36,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Shenyang district map||
Huanggu District (Chinese: 皇姑区; pinyin: Huánggū Qū) is one of ten districts of the prefecture-level city of Shenyang, the capital of the Chinese province of Liaoning. It borders Shenbei New Area to the north, Dadong to the east, Shenhe to the southeast, Heping to the south, Tiexi to the southwest, and Yuhong to the west.
Toponymy [ edit ]
The district is named after Huanggutun ("tun" means village), where the Huanggutun Incident took place. The name is actually a mis-tranliteration of the pronunciation for Fiyanggū (Manchu: ᡶᡳᠶᠠᠩᡤᡡ, Chinese: 費揚武, 1605–1643), the Manchu Prince Jian of the First Rank whose tomb was in the area.
|Literal meaning||Royal aunt|
Politics [ edit ]
Huanggu District hosts the seat of the Provincial Government of Liaoning.
Administrative divisions [ edit ]
- Liaohe Subdistrict (辽河街道)
- Shouquan Subdistrict (寿泉街道)
- Santaizi Subdistrict (三台子街道)
- Minglian Subdistrict (明廉街道)
- Tawan Subdistrict (塔湾街道)
- Huanghe Subdistrict (黄河街道)
- Lingbei Subdistrict (陵北街道)
- Huashan Subdistrict (华山街道)
- Xinle Subdistrict (新乐街道)
- Sandongqiao Subdistrict (三洞桥街道)
- Shelita Subdistrict (舍利塔街道)
- Beita Subdistrict (北塔街道)
- Lingdong Subdistrict (陵东街道)
Education [ edit ]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2016)
The main campus of the Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (LNUTCM) is in this district.
Visitor attractions [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- Google (2014-07-02). "Huanggu" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Archived copy" 分地区土地面积和人口密度 (2012年末) (in Chinese). Shenyang Statistics Bureau. Archived from the original on 26 September 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2014. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：皇姑区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Archived from the original on 2012-12-08. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "History." Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Retrieved on July 24, 2016. "Main campus: No. 79 Chongshan Eastern Road, Huanggu District, Shenyang, Liaoning, People's Republic of China. Post code 110847"
[ edit ]
|This Liaoning location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|