|Coordinates (Hunnan government): Coordinates:|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||742 km2 (286 sq mi)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Shenyang district map||
Hunnan District (simplified Chinese: 浑南区; traditional Chinese: 渾南區; pinyin: Húnnán Qū), formerly Dongling District (东陵区; 東陵區; Dōnglíng Qū) one of ten districts of the prefecture-level city of Shenyang, the capital of Liaoning Province, Northeast China, and forms part of the eastern and southeastern suburbs. The district contains 12 subdistricts of Shenyang proper, six towns, one rural township, and one ethnic rural township. It borders Shenbei New Area to the north, Sujiatun to the south, Heping to the west, and Shenhe and Dadong to the northwest; it also borders the prefecture-level city of Fushun to the east.
The district is rapidly becoming a developed, high-end residential area. There are two corridors along two major highways, one leading to the Eastern Tomb and Fushun, the other leading to the Shenyang Taoxian International Airport, along which one can see luxury apartments and sleek commercial development.
Administrative divisions [ edit ]
- Nanta Subdistrict (南塔街道), Quanyuan Subdistrict (泉园街道), Maguanqiao Subdistrict (马关桥街道), Fengle Subdistrict (丰乐街道), Huishan Subdistrict (辉山街道), Dongling Subdistrict (东陵街道), Yingda Subdistrict (英达街道), Qianjin Subdistrict (前进街道), Donghu Subdistrict (东湖街道), Wusan Subdistrict (五三街道), East Hunhe Station Subdistrict (浑河站东街道), West Hunhe Station Subdistrict (浑河站西街道)
Hunnan New Area [ edit ]
Hunnan New Area was envisaged in 1988 as one of the National High And New Technology Industry Development Zones in the first batch by the State Council in 1991. Construction began in 1991 and finished in October 2001.
The park also includes the following development areas:
- Shenyang High-tech Industrial Development Zone
- Shenyang Export Processing Zone
- Shenyang Singapore Industrial Park
Since 2010, Hunnan New Area has been under the same administration as Dongling District, which was renamed Hunnan District in July 2014.
Education [ edit ]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2015)
References [ edit ]
- "Archived copy" 分地区土地面积和人口密度 (2012年末) (in Chinese). Shenyang Statistics Bureau. Archived from the original on 26 September 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2014. CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Hunnan New District". Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- Shenyang High-tech Industrial Development Zone (including Shenyang Cross-strait Technological Park)-6 Aug 2010
- 沈阳东陵区正式更名为浑南区 与沈北相呼应. Tencent. 2014-07-12.
- "Contact Information Archived 2015-10-01 at the Wayback Machine." Shenyang International School. Retrieved on September 30, 2015. "Shenyang International School, 160 Quan Yun San Road, Dongling District， Shenyang, Liaoning 110167, CHINA" - Chinese address Archived 2017-07-03 at the Wayback Machine: "中国辽宁省沈阳市东陵区全运三路160号，邮编：110167"