History [ edit ]
In 1969, the building reverted for a short time to its use as a church hall before returning to its use as a theatre.
In 1987, the usage as a theatre was reduced to allow the church to hold other events.
Current use [ edit ]
It has a current capacity of 435 Today (2012) the theatre was used by Protos Theatre & Arts Group, The London Pantomimers,  Acorn Theatre Company,  Saint Monica's Players,  and other amateur drama groups. It is located on Green Lanes. In January 2019, it was placed on the Heritage at Risk Register after the church owners said they wanted to demolish the building to replace it with a new parish hall.
References [ edit ]
- Chambers, Colin (2006). "Continuum Companion to Twentieth Century Theatre". p.165. Continuum International Publishing Group. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Intimate (London)". Theatres Database. The Theatres Trust. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Moore, Roger. "Roger Moore from 1972 - page 4". Roger Moore - The Early Days. The Roger Moore Web Team. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Shellard, Dominic (4 September 2006). "Interview with Stephen Wischhusen". Theatre Archive Project. British Library. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Wischhusen, Stephen (6 September 2006). "Comment". Conference 'More Than Just Osborne?' 5 September 2006, 18.30-21.00. Theatre Archive Project. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Kinder, P. "1958-1969 Concert Performances". Tours. BowieWonderworld. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Man with a Load of Mischief, production details: West End Broadway: The Golden Age of the American Musical in London By Adrian Wright 2012
- T F T Baker, R B Pugh (Editors), A P Baggs, Diane K Bolton, Eileen P Scarff, G C Tyack (1976). "Edmonton: Social life". A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham. British History Online. Retrieved 31 March 2011. CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "A Brief History of Risley Musical Theatre Company (Formerly Risley Operatic Group)". Risley Musical Theatre Company. Archived from the original on 4 March 2011. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- The London PantomimersArchived 2012-08-14 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 29 May 2012
- Acorn Theatre Company Retrieved 29 May 2012
- St Monica's playersArchived 2011-10-07 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 10 May 2011
- Dex, Robert (22 January 2019). "The Intimate Theatre: Venue where Richard Attenborough made stage debut placed on 'at risk' list". Evening Standard.
Further reading [ edit ]
- Intimate Memories: The History of the Intimate Theatre, Palmers Green by Geoff Bowden, Badger Press, 2006 ISBN 978-0-9526076-3-2