Irajá in 2019
|Senator for Tocantins|
1 February 2019
|Federal Deputy for Tocantins|
1 February 2011 – 31 January 2019
3 February 1983|
Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil
Irajá Silvestre Filho (born 3 February 1983) more commonly known as Irajá is a Brazilian politician and bushinessperson. Although born in Goiás, has spent his political career representing Tocantins, having served as state senator since 2019 and previously state deputy from 2011 to 2019.
Personal life [ edit ]
Abreu was born to Irajá Silvestre and Kátia Abreu. Prior to becoming a politician Abreu worked as a businessman in the agricultural industry. Abreu's mother Kátia is also a politician who has served as a senator and government minister, and Abreu has publicly defended his mother against her critics.
Political career [ edit ]
Abreu voted against the impeachment motion of then-president Dilma Rousseff. He would later vote in favor of opening a similar corruption investigation against Rousseff's successor Michel Temer, and voted in favor of the 2017 Brazilian labor reforms.
In the 2018 Brazilian general election Abreu was elected to the national senate with 214,355 votes. At the age of 35, he broke the record as the youngest ever individual elected to the national senate.
References [ edit ]
- "IRAJÁ ABREU – Biografia". Câmara dos Deputados do Brasil (in Portuguese). Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Irajá Abreu condena ataques "covardes" de Josi Nunes e César Halum contra Kátia Abreu" (in Portuguese). 5 April 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Reforma trabalhista: como votaram os deputados" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 27 April 2017. Archived from the original on 21 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Veja como deputados votaram no impeachment de Dilma, na PEC 241, na reforma trabalhista e na denúncia contra Temer" [See how deputies voted in the impeachment of Dilma, in PEC 241, in the labor reform and in the denunciation against Temer] (in Portuguese). O Globo. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Como votou cada deputado sobre a denúncia contra Temer" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 4 August 2017. Archived from the original on 21 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- de Jesus, Jesana (9 October 2018). "Irajá Abreu é eleito o mais novo senador da história do Brasil" (in Portuguese). O Globo. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|