Lucas in 2019
|Senator for the Federal District|
1 February 2019
|Federal Deputy for the Federal District|
29 April 2008 – 31 January 2019
|State representative for the Federal District|
1 February 2003 – 31 January 2007
7 April 1956|
Araújos, Minas Gerais, Brazil
|Political party||PSDB (2008–)
Izalci Lucas Ferreira (born 7 April 1956) is a federal senator of Brazil, although born in Minas Gerais he represents the Federal District. He previously served in the legislature of federal deputies from 2008 to 2019.
Personal life [ edit ]
Lucas was born in Araújos, to Antonio Ferreira Neto and Maria Ferreira de Melo. Prior to becoming a politician, Lucas worked as a business contractor. Lucas is married to Ivone Fernandes and has two sons: Sérgio and Renato.
Political career [ edit ]
Lucas voted in favor of the impeachment motion of then-president Dilma Rousseff. Lucas voted against a similar corruption investigation into Rousseff's successor Michel Temer. He voted in favor of the 2017 Brazilian labor reforms.
References [ edit ]
- "IZALCI LUCAS – Biografia". Assembla Legislatva do Roraima (in Portuguese). Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Senador Izalci Lucas – DF". 25 Senado Federal (in Portuguese). Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Tahan, Lilian; Ferraz, Ian (7 October 2017). "Izalci Lucas emprega parentes e contrata empresas de familiares para servirem ao PSDB" (in Portuguese). Metrópoles. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Reforma trabalhista: como votaram os deputados" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 27 April 2017. Archived from the original on 21 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Veja como deputados votaram no impeachment de Dilma, na PEC 241, na reforma trabalhista e na denúncia contra Temer" [See how deputies voted in the impeachment of Dilma, in PEC 241, in the labor reform and in the denunciation against Temer] (in Portuguese). O Globo. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Como votou cada deputado sobre a denúncia contra Temer" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 4 August 2017. Archived from the original on 21 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Eufrásio, Jéssica (7 October 2018). "Izalci surpreende e conquista vaga para o Senado" (in Portuguese). Correio Braziliense. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Bchara, Caroline (16 April 2016). "STF autoriza quebra de sigilos fiscal e bancário do deputado federal Izalci Lucas" (in Portuguese). Metrópoles. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|