Campos in 2019
|Senator for Mato Grosso|
1 February 2019
1 February 2007 – 31 January 2015
|Mayor of Várzea Grande|
1 February 1997 – 31 December 2004
|Governor of Mato Grosso|
15 March 1991 – 31 December 1994
|Preceded by||Edison Freitas de Oliveira|
|Succeeded by||Dante de Oliveira|
13 September 1951|
Várzea Grande, Mato Grosso, Brazil
Jayme Veríssimo de Campos (born 13 September 1951) better known as Jayme Campos is a federal senator of Brazil representing his home state of Mato Grosso. He was previously governor of Mato Grosso from 1991 to 1994 and also served as mayor of Várzea Grande from 1997 to 2004.
Personal life [ edit ]
Campos' father Júlio Campos was also a senator and governor of Mato Grosso as well as mayor of Várzea Grande. Campos is married to Lucimar Campos, who in 2015 was elected mayor of Várzea Grande. Campos had four children, two daughters and two sons: Michelle Campos Soares, Jaime Veríssimo de Campos Júnior, Carlos Eduardo Sacre de Campos, and Gisele Sacre de Campos. His second oldest child, Jaime Jr., died in a car accident in May 2004 while driving home from his sister's wedding.
Political career [ edit ]
Campos was elected to the federal senate for the first time in the 2006 Brazilian general election, winning 61% of the votes. After being defeated in 2015, Campos was re-elected to the federal senate in the 2018 Brazilian general election, along with Selma Arruda from the state of Mato Grosso.
References [ edit ]
- "Jayme Campos - MT" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Jayme Campos 251 (DEM) Senador - Mato Grosso - Eleições 2018" (in Portuguese). Gazeta do Povo. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Schimanoski, Gabriele. "Lucimar é a 2ª mulher a comandar VG; Sarita assumiu nos anos de 1960" (in Portuguese). RD News. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- ""Maior que a homenagem a Jaiminho, é a certeza de que este espaço servirá para a formação acadêmica, de ensino de milhares de crianças"" (in Portuguese). Blog do Valdemir. 24 February 2019. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Morre filho de Jaime Campo" (in Portuguese). Gazeta Digital. 24 May 2004. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Juíza Selma Arruda (PSL) e Jayme Campos (DEM) são eleitos senadores por MT" (in Portuguese). G1 Globo. 7 October 2018. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|