|Publisher||David Ben Hooren|
|News editor||Fern Sidman|
|Headquarters||Brooklyn, New York|
The Jewish Voice (JV) is a conservative weekly newspaper based in Brooklyn, New York, that was founded in 2003 as The Sephardic Voice. The Jewish Voice has an unapologetic pro-Zionist editorial outlook. It covers Israeli and American news (the latter focused on New York, and to a lesser extent New Jersey and Florida). The paper describes its mission as "providing our readers with timely and thought-provoking news and opinion, from a pro-American, pro-Zionist perspective."
Staff, writers, and focus [ edit ]
The Jewish Voice's founder and publisher is David Ben Hooren. He is a Syrian Jew and a member of the New York Syrian Sephardic Jewish community. OP-ed contributors include such conservative voices as Jerusalem Post columnist and editor Caroline Glick, former UN Ambassador John Bolton, British journalist Melanie Phillips, and Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer, among others. The paper has vociferously defended far-right activist Laura Loomer, whom they described as a "Jewish super-heroine,", reportedly giving her control of their Twitter account to help her evade her ban for repeatedly posting racist and Islamophobic content.
The Jewish Voice primarily focuses on New York City news, society, and culture as well as Israeli news. In addition to original reporting, the paper regularly carries items from the Associated Press and Tazpit Press Service (TPS) as well as from far-right publications such as The Washington Free Beacon, Newsmax, and Breitbart News. The newspaper played an instrumental role in the election of conservative Republican Bob Turner for United States Representative for New York's 9th congressional district in 2011. The paper endorsed Donald J. Trump in the 2016 Presidential election. Its reporting on the COVID-19 pandemic has included links to conspiracy-theory sites such as Judy Mikovits's Plandemic video.
References [ edit ]
- About - The Jewish Voice
- "Jewish Voice," Facebook
"David Ben Hooren". LinkedIn. Retrieved 7 May 2020.
Publisher of the Jewish Voice Newspaper in New York, Jun 2004-present
"David Ben Hooren". Muck Rack. Retrieved 7 May 2020.
Founder and Publisher — The Jewish Voice (New York)
- Prince, Catherine J. (17 Aug 2018). "Manhattan's growing Sephardic community says new center a win for Ashkenazi Jews". Times of Israel. Retrieved 7 May 2020.
- "About Us". thejewishvoice.com. The Jewish Voice. Retrieved 7 May 2020.
- "Twitter Wrongs Laura Loomer". The Jewish Voice. 28 November 2018.
- "Laura Loomer Got Around Twitter Ban With Help From The Jewish Voice, Report Says". Jewish Daily Forward. 8 May 2019.
- Kornbluh, Jacob. "Brooklyn-Queens: 'The Jewish Voice' Endorses Storobin, Golden, Ulrich for Senate". Gestetner Updates. Jewish Political News & Updates. Archived from the original on 15 December 2012. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Solomon, Daniel J. (3 November 2016). "In Last-Minute Endorsements, Donald Trump Receives Blessings from 3 Jewish Papers". Forward.com. Forward. Retrieved 7 May 2020.
- "Bombshell Video Exposes Dr. Fauci & Bill Gates, History of Corruption, Greed and Connection to Wuhan Lab". thejewishvoice.com. The Jewish Voice. Retrieved 7 May 2020.