|Elevation||1,300 m (4,300 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Location [ edit ]
The districts surrounding Kakumiro District include Hoima District to the north, Kyegegwa District to the north-east, Kiboga District to the east, Mubende District to the south-east, Kyegegwa District to the south, and Kibaale District to the west. The town of Kakumiro, the location of the district headquarters, is approximately 182 kilometres (113 mi), by road, north-west of Kampala, Uganda's capital city. This location is approximately 80 kilometres (50 mi), by road, south of Hoima, the nearest large town.
Overview [ edit ]
Population [ edit ]
In July 2017, the population of Kakumiro District was estimated at approximately 3000,000 people.
References [ edit ]
- Fred Kiva, and Patrick Zimurinda (15 January 2011). "Museveni Grants Kakumiro and Kagadi District status". Kampala: Uganda Radio Network. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Tumuhimbise, Alex (27 July 2017). "Kagadi, Kakumiro districts struggle to deliver services". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- GUN (28 July 2017). "Guide To Uganda: Uganda District Map". Kampala: Guidetouganda.net (GUN). Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- GFC (27 July 2017). "Distance between Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Uganda and Kakumiro, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- GFC (27 July 2017). "Distance between Kakumiro, Western Region, Uganda and Hoima, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- John Odyek, Mary Karugaba and Moses Walubiri (19 July 2012). "25 more districts created". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 July 2017.