District location in Uganda
|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|• Total||759.7 km2 (293.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,285 m (4,216 ft)|
|• Density||311.8/km2 (808/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Location [ edit ]
Koboko District is bordered by South Sudan to the north, Yumbe District to the east, Maracha District to the south, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) to the west. The district headquarters are located approximately 55 kilometres (34 mi), by road, north of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. This is approximately 480 kilometres (300 mi), by road, north-west of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda.
Overview [ edit ]
Population [ edit ]
In 1991, the national population census estimated the district population at 62,300. The 2002 national census estimated the population at 129,100, of whom 65,400 (50.6 percent) were female and 63,800 (49.4 percent) were male. The annual population growth rate, between 2002 and 2012, was calculated at 6.4 percent. In 2012, the population was approximately 236,900.
Landmarks [ edit ]
The district is the location of a tripoint, where the international borders of the DRC, South Sudan, and Uganda intersect.
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- "Map Showing Arua And Koboko With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Distance Between Kampala And Koboko With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Districts of Uganda, Statoids, accessed 3 August 2015
- Counties of Uganda, Statoids, accessed 3 August 2015
- "Estimated Population of Koboko District In 1991, 2002 & 2012". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 26 May 2014.