Labiodental ejective fricative
This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
(August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Labiodental ejective fricative|
Features [ edit ]
Features of the labiodental ejective fricative:
- Its manner of articulation is fricative, which means it is produced by constricting air flow through a narrow channel at the place of articulation, causing turbulence.
- Its place of articulation is labiodental, which means it is articulated with the lower lip and the upper teeth.
- Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords.
- It is an oral consonant, which means air is allowed to escape through the mouth only.
- The airstream mechanism is ejective (glottalic egressive), which means the air is forced out by pumping the glottis upward.
Occurrence [ edit ]
|Kabardian||фӏыцӏэ||[fʼət͡sʼa] (help·info)||'black'||Corresponds to [ʃʷʼ] in Adyghe.|
|Yapese ||f'aang||[fʼaːŋ]||'type of eel'|
Notes [ edit ]
- Colarusso, John. 1992. A Grammar of the Kabardian Language.
- p32, Ballantyne, Keira Gebbie. 2005. Textual Structure and Discourse Prominence in Yapese Narrative. Doctoral dissertation, University of Hawai'i.
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- Colarusso, John. 1992. A Grammar of the Kabardian Language. University of Calgary Press.
[ edit ]
- List of languages with [fʼ] on PHOIBLE
|This linguistics article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|