This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. The specific problem is: The article may need additional information after requested cleanup.October 2018)(
|22nd Governor of Madhya Pradesh|
29 July 2019
|Chief Minister||Kamal Nath|
|Preceded by||Anandiben Patel|
|28th Governor of Bihar|
23 August 2018 – 28 July 2019
|Chief Minister||Nitish Kumar|
|Preceded by||Satya Pal Malik|
|Succeeded by||Phagu Chauhan|
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
16 May 2009 – 16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Succeeded by||Rajnath Singh|
|Leader of the Opposition, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly|
7 September 2003 – 13 May 2007
|Preceded by||Swami Prasad Maurya|
|Succeeded by||Mulayam Singh Yadav|
12 April 1935|
Chowk, Lucknow, United Provinces, British India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
Krishna Tandon (m. 1958)
|Children||3 (including Ashutosh Tandon)|
|Residence||Raj Bhavan, Bhopal|
|Website||Lok Sabha webpage|
Lalji Tandon (born 12 April 1935) is an Indian politician serving as the 22nd and current Governor of Madhya Pradesh. He is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and a protégé of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Personal life [ edit ]
Tandon was born in Chowk village in Lucknow, United Provinces, British India to Shivnarayan Tandon and Annpurna Devi. He is a graduate. Tandon married Krishna Tandon on 26 February 1958, with whom he has three sons.
Career [ edit ]
He has been a member of Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Parishad (Legislative Council) for two terms, 1978–84 and remained the Leader of House, of the Council, 1990–96. Subsequently he remained a member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) for three terms, 1996–2009, and remained the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, 2003-07. He had also served as Urban Development minister in the Uttar Pradesh cabinet under Mayawati (in the BSP-BJP combine), and also in the Kalyan Singh ministry earlier.
In May 2009, he was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from Lucknow by a margin over 40,000 votes over Rita Bahuguna Joshi of Indian National Congress. The seat was earlier held by former BJP President Atal Bihari Vajpayee since 1991 for four consecutive terms. Despite an enormous electoral spending, Akhilesh Das of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) polled third, trailing by 70 thousand votes.
References [ edit ]
- "लालजी टंडन मध्य प्रदेश के गवर्नर होंगे, आनंदीबेन उत्तर प्रदेश की राज्यपाल बनाई गईं". Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi). 20 July 2019. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Detailed Profile: Shri Lal Ji Tandon". Govt of India. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Lalji Tandon is BJP's LS candidate from Lucknow". Rediff.com. 27 February 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "UP stampede toll 21, PM rushing to Lucknow". Rediff.com. 12 April 2004. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "Lalji Tandon defeats Rita Bahuguna Joshi in Lucknow". Business Standard. 16 May 2009. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- Verma, Kumod (22 July 2019). "Lalji Tandon praised for role in streamlining universities | Patna News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- PTI (20 July 2019). "Anandiben Patel made UP governor, Lal ji Tandon to replace her in Madhya Pradesh". India Today. Retrieved 20 July 2019.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
| Member of Parliament
2009 – 2014
Satya Pal Malik
|Governor of Bihar
23 August 2018 - 28 July 2019
|Governor of Madhya Pradesh
29 July 2019 - Present
[ edit ]
- "Lalji Tandon". Lok Sabha.
|This article about a Bihar politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|