List of general authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following individuals are the current general authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). Included are the individuals' hierarchical position and some of their current specialized assignments in the church, if any.
[ edit ]
First Presidency [ edit ]
|Name||Hierarchical position||Ordained||Age||Tithe[a]||CES Board[b]|
|Russell M. Nelson||Church President||1984-04-07
|Dallin H. Oaks||First Counselor in the First Presidency
President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
|1984-05-03||87.8||Member||First Vice Chairman|
|Henry B. Eyring||Second Counselor in the First Presidency||1995-04-06||86.9||Member||Second Vice Chairman|
- a Council on the Disposition of the Tithes
- b Boards of Trustees/Education of the Church Educational System
Quorum of the Twelve Apostles [ edit ]
|Not shown: Gary E. Stevenson|
|Name||Hierarchical position||Ordained||Age||Tithe[a]||CES Board[b]||Area [c]||Other assignments [d]|
|M. Russell Ballard||Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles ||1985-10-10||91.6||Member|
|Jeffrey R. Holland||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||1994-06-23||79.4||Member||Board Member.
Chairman, Executive Committee
|Dieter F. Uchtdorf||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2004-10-07||79.5||Member||Europe & Europe East||Chair, Missionary Executive Council
Chair, Correlation Executive Council
|David A. Bednar||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2004-10-07||67.9||Member||Board Member
Member, Executive Committee
|Middle East/Africa North||Chair, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
|Quentin L. Cook||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2007-10-11||79.7||Member||Board Member||Mexico
|Chair, Priesthood and Family Executive Council|
|D. Todd Christofferson||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2008-04-10||75.3||Member||Brazil||Member, Missionary Executive Council|
|Neil L. Andersen||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2009-04-09||68.8||Member||Pacific & Philippines||Member, Missionary Executive Council|
|Ronald A. Rasband||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2015-10-08||69.3||Member||South America South||Chairman, Church Public Affairs Committee
Chairman, Church Hymnbook and Children's Songbook Revision Committee
|Gary E. Stevenson||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2015-10-08||64.8||Member||Member, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
|Dale G. Renlund||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2015-10-08||67.5||Member||Board Member||Caribbean & South America Northwest||Member, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
|Gerrit W. Gong||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2018-04-05||66.3||Member||Asia & Asia North||Chairman, Church Scriptures Committee;
Member, Priesthood and Family Executive Council;
Member, Ledership and Training Committee;
Member, Outreach Committee
|Ulisses Soares||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2018-04-05||61.6||Member||Africa West & Central America||Member, Missionary Executive Council;
Member, Human Resource Committee
- a Council on the Disposition of the Tithes
- b Boards of Trustees/Education of the Church Educational System
- c Area assignment
- d Other assignments, where known (including committees, councils, or in any other capacity).
Presiding Bishopric [ edit ]
|Name||Hierarchical position||Age||Years served as General Authority[a]||Years served in Presiding Bishopric[b]||Years served in current assignment[c]||Tithe[d]||Other assignments[e]|
|Gérald Caussé||Presiding Bishop||57||12.1||8.1||4.6||Member||Member, Church Board of Education/Boards of Trustees|
|Dean M. Davies||First Counselor, Presiding Bishopric||68.7||8.1||8.1||4.6||Member||Member, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
|W. Christopher Waddell||Second Counselor, Presiding Bishopric||60.8||9.1||4.6||4.6||Member||Member, Missionary Executive Council|
- a Total years as General Authority
- b Total years in Presiding Bishopric
- c Total years served in current Presiding Bishopric
- d Council on the Disposition of the Tithes
- e Other assignments (where known)
Presidency of the Seventy [ edit ]
Note: On April 5, 2018, the First Presidency announced that area presidencies were being reinstated for those 10 areas within the United States and Canada, and that the members of the Presidency of the Seventy would be relieved of responsibility for those areas, to enable them to assist the apostles and fill other assignments.
|CES Board[c]||Other assignments[d]|
|L. Whitney Clayton||Senior President,
|70.2||19.1||12.1||Middle East/Africa North Area (assisting David A. Bednar)
Mexico (assisting Quentin L. Cook)
Utah (assisting Ronald A. Rasband)
|58.8||10.1||2.8||North America Northwest & North America West Areas
Europe & Europe East Areas (assisting Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
|Carl B. Cook||Presidency||
|Robert C. Gay||Presidency||
Member, Executive Committee of the Boards
|North America Northeast Area
Asia and Asia North Areas (assisting Gary E. Stevenson)
|Terence M. Vinson||Presidency||
|69.2||7.1||1.8||North America Southeast, Africa Southeast, and Africa West Areas
Member, Temple and Family History Executive Council
|Jose A. Teixeira||Presidency||
|Carlos A. Godoy||Presidency||
|59.3||12.1||1.8||Utah Area (assisting Ronald A. Rasband)|
- a Date called to be a seventy and the date called as a member of the Presidency of the Seventy
- b Years served as a general authority seventy
- d Boards of Trustees/Education of the Church Educational System
- e Other assignments, where known
General Authority Seventies [ edit ]
Those listed in this section are members of the First or Second Quorum of the Seventy. While each is assigned to a specific quorum, that affiliation is no longer being made public, with all General Authority Seventies being referred to with that generic designation.
|Marcos A. Aidukaitis ||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||60.7||12.1||President, Brazil Area|
|Rubén V. Alliaud||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||54.3||1.1|
|José L. Alonso||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||61.5||9.1||President, Caribbean Area|
|Jorge M. Alvarado||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||49.4||1.1||Second Counselor, Caribbean Area|
|Ian S. Ardern||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||66.2||9.1||President, Pacific Area|
|Steven R. Bangerter||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||58.8||2.1||Second Counselor, Philippines Area|
|W. Mark Bassett||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||53.8||4.1||Second Counselor, North America Northeast Area|
|David S. Baxter ||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01*||65.3||14.1|
|Jorge T. Becerra||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||57.4||0.1|
|Randall K. Bennett||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||64.9||9.1||President, North America Northeast Area|
|Hans T. Boom||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||56.8||1.1||First Counselor, Europe East Area Presidency|
|Shayne M. Bowen||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01*||65.7||14.1|
|Mark A. Bragg||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||58.1||4.1||First Counselor, South America South Area|
|L. Todd Budge||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||60.3||1.1||Second Counselor, Asia North Area|
|Matthew L. Carpenter||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||60.5||2.1||Second Counselor, North America Central Area|
|Yoon Hwan Choi||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04*||63||11.1||President, Asia North Area|
|Craig C. Christensen||General Authority Seventy||2002-10-05||64.2||17.6||President, Utah Area |
|Weatherford T. Clayton||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||68.2||4.1|
|Valeri V. Cordon||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||51.3||4.1|
|J. Devn Cornish||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||69.1||9.1||Assistant Executive Director, Church History Department|
|Joaquin E. Costa||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||55.2||4.1||Second Counselor, Brazil Area|
|LeGrand R. Curtis Jr.||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||67.8||9.1||Church Historian and Recorder
Executive Director, Church History Department
Member, Church Music Revision Committee
|Massimo De Feo||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||59.4||4.1||First Counselor, Europe Area|
|Benjamín De Hoyos||General Authority Seventy||2005-04-02*||67.3||15.1||President, South America South Area|
|Edward Dube ||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||58||7.1||First Counselor, Africa West Area|
|Kevin R. Duncan||General Authority Seventy||2010-04-03*||59.6||10.1||Executive Director, Temple Department|
|Timothy J. Dyches||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||69.3||7.1||Assistant Executive Director, Temple Department|
|David F. Evans||General Authority Seventy||2005-04-02||68.8||15.1||President, Asia Area|
|Enrique R. Falabella||General Authority Seventy||2007-03-31||70||13.1||President, South America Northwest Area|
|Randy D. Funk||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||67.8||7.1||First Counselor, Utah Area
Editor, Ensign, Liahona, New Era, and The Friend magazines.
|Eduardo Gavarret||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||64||12.1||First Counselor, Caribbean Area|
|Jack N. Gerard ||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||62.4||2.1||Executive Director, Church Public Affairs Committee|
|Ricardo P. Giménez||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||48.4||1.1|
|Taylor G. Godoy||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||51.8||3.1||President, Nevada Reno Mission|
|Christoffel Golden Jr.||General Authority Seventy||2001-03-31||67.9||19.1||President, Europe East Area|
|Walter F. González||General Authority Seventy||2001-03-31||67.6||19.1||Second Counselor, Utah Area
Adviser, Ensign, Liahona, New Era, and The Friend magazines.
|Brook P. Hales||General Authority Seventy||2018-05-17||64.1||2||Secretary to the First Presidency|
|Kevin S. Hamilton||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||65.1||7.1|
|Allen D. Haynie||General Authority Seventy||2015-04-04||61.7||5.1||First Counselor, North America Northeast Area|
|Mathias Held||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||59.9||2.1||Second Counselor, South America Northwest Area|
|Matthew S. Holland ||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||53.9||0.1|
|David P. Homer||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||59||2.1||Second Counselor, Asia Area|
|William K. Jackson||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||64.1||0.1|
|Jeremy R. Jaggi||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||47.1||0.1|
|Kelly R. Johnson||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||57.3||0.1|
|Paul V. Johnson||General Authority Seventy||2005-04-02*||65.8||15.1||Commissioner of Church Education |
|Peter M. Johnson ||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||53.4||1.1|
|Larry S. Kacher||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||68.3||6.1||First Counselor, Middle East/Africa North Area|
|Jörg Klebingat||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||52.4||6.1||Second Counselor, North America West Area
Assistant Executive Director, Temple Department
|Joni L. Koch||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||58.2||3.1||Second Counselor, Africa Southeast Area|
|Erich W. Kopischke||General Authority Seventy||2007-03-31||63.6||13.1||Second Counselor, Europe Area|
|Hugo E. Martinez||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||63.3||6.1||Second Counselor, Africa West Area|
|James B. Martino||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04*||69.1||11.1||President, North America Southeast Area|
|Richard J. Maynes||General Authority Seventy||1997-04-05||69.5||23.1|
|John A. McCune||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||56.9||1.1|
|Kyle S. McKay||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||60.3||2.1||Second Counselor, North America Southwest Area|
|Peter F. Meurs||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||63.3||4.1||First Counselor, Asia Area|
|Hugo Montoya||General Authority Seventy||2015-04-04||60.1||5.1||Second Counselor, North America Southeast Area|
|Thierry K. Mutombo||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||44.3||0.1|
|Marcus B. Nash||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01*||63.1||14.1||President, Africa West Area|
|K. Brett Nattress||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||55.2||4.1||First Counselor, Pacific Area|
|S. Gifford Nielsen ||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||65.5||7.1||President, North America Central Area|
|Brent H. Nielson||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04*||65.4||11.1||Executive Director, Missionary Department|
|Adrian Ochoa||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||66.2||7.1||First Counselor, North America Southwest Area
Adviser, Ensign, Liahona, New Era, and The Friend magazines.
|Adeyinka A. Ojediran||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||53.1||0.1|
|S. Mark Palmer||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||64.3||4.1||President, Africa Southeast Area|
|Adilson de Paula Parrella||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||57.5||3.1||First Counselor, Brazil Area|
|Kevin W. Pearson||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||63.1||12.1||President, North America West Area|
|Anthony D. Perkins||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01||59.8||14.1||President, Middle East/Africa North Area|
|Paul B. Pieper||General Authority Seventy||2005-04-02||62.6||15.1||President, North America Southwest Area|
|John C. Pingree Jr.||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||53.8||3.1||Second Counselor, Mexico Area|
|Rafael E. Pino||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||64.5||12.1||First Counselor, Mexico Area|
|James R. Rasband ||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||57.2||1.1|
|Michael T. Ringwood||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04||62.1||11.1||Adviser, Ensign, Liahona, New Era, and The Friend magazines.
Member, Church Board of Education
Executive Director, Priesthood and Family Department
|Lynn G. Robbins||General Authority Seventy||1997-04-05||67.5||23.1|
|Gary B. Sabin||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||66.1||4.1||President, Europe Area|
|Ciro Schmeil||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||49.1||0.1|
|Evan A. Schmutz||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||66||4.1||President, Philippines Area|
|Joseph W. Sitati||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04||68||11.1||First Counselor, Africa Southeast Area|
|Vern P. Stanfill||General Authority Seventy||2015-04-04||62.8||5.1||First Counselor, North America Southeast Area
Adviser, Ensign, Liahona, New Era, and The Friend magazines.
|Benjamin M. Z. Tai||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||48||1.1|
|Brian K. Taylor||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||56.1||3.1||First Counselor, Central America Area|
|Michael John U. Teh||General Authority Seventy||2007-03-31||54.8||13.1|
|Juan A. Uceda||General Authority Seventy||2010-04-03||66.8||10.1||President, Central America Area|
|Arnulfo Valenzuela||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||61||7.1||President, Mexico Area|
|Moisés Villanueva||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||53.4||0.1|
|Juan Pablo Villar||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||50.7||2.1||Second Counselor, South America South Area|
|Takashi Wada||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||55.3||2.1||First Counselor, Asia North Area|
|Taniela B. Wakolo ||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||52.8||3.1||First Counselor, Philippines Area|
|Alan R. Walker||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||49.3||1.1||Second Counselor, Central America Area|
|Scott D. Whiting||General Authority Seventy||2012-03-31||59.1||8.1||First Counselor, North America West Area
Assistant Executive Director, Family History Department
|Chi Hong (Sam) Wong ||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||57.9||6.1||First Counselor, North America Central Area|
|Kazuhiko Yamashita||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||66.7||9.1||Second Counselor, Pacific Area|
|Jorge F. Zeballos||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||64.8||12.1||First Counselor, South America Northwest Area|
- a1a2 Date first sustained to First or Second Quorum of Seventy or called to be General Authority Seventies (where Quorum affiliation is not known). Dates taken from lds.org.
Those marked with * were Area Seventies prior to call as General Authorities.
- b1 Current assignments.
Emeritus [ edit ]
Emeritus General Authorities are General Authorities who have been released from their positions in the hierarchy. They remain General Authorities until their deaths. All current emeritus General Authorities are former members of the First and Second Quorums of the Seventies or of the Presiding Bishopric.
"The very rapid growth of the Church across the world, with the attendant increase in travel and responsibility, has made it necessary to consider a change in the status for some of the Brethren of the General Authorities. Some of our associates have served for many years with complete and unselfish dedication, and they deserve every honor and recognition for such devoted service. It is felt advisable at this time to reduce somewhat the load of responsibility that they carry.
"After a long period of prayerful consideration and counsel, extending, indeed, over several years, we announce a new and specific status to be given from time to time to Brethren of our associates in the General Authorities. We announce that some Brethren have been designated as emeritus members of the First Quorum of the Seventy. These Brethren are not being released but will be excused from active service. It is out of consideration for the personal well-being of the individuals, and with deep appreciation for their devoted service, that this designation will be given from time to time to designated members of the General Authorities." 
|Name||Called [a]||Emeritus [b]||Age||Years as
|Carlos H. Amado||1989-04-01||2014-10-04||75.6||25.5||5.6|
|Wilford W. Andersen||2009-04-04||2019-10-05||70.7||10.5||0.6|
|Mervyn B. Arnold||2003-04-05||2018-10-06||71.8||17.1||1.6|
|Robert L. Backman||1978-04-01||1992-10-03||98.1||14.5||27.6|
|Ben B. Banks||1989-04-01||2002-10-05||88.1||13.5||17.6|
|Merrill J. Bateman||1992-06-06||2007-10-06||83.9||15.3||12.6|
|H. David Burton||1992-10-03||2012-03-31||82||19.5||8.1|
|Ted E. Brewerton||1978-09-30||1995-09-30||95.1||17||24.6|
|F. Enzio Busche||1977-10-01||2000-10-07||90.1||23||19.6|
|Craig A. Cardon||2006-04-01||2018-10-06||71.3||14.1||1.6|
|Bruce A. Carlson||2009-04-04||2015-10-03||70.6||6.5||4.6|
|John K. Carmack||1984-04-07||2001-10-06||89||17.5||18.6|
|Sheldon F. Child||1996-04-06||2008-10-04||82||12.5||11.6|
|Joe J. Christensen||1989-04-01||1999-10-02||90.8||10.5||20.6|
|Kim B. Clark||2009-04-04||2019-10-05||71.2||4.5||0.6|
|Don R. Clarke||2006-04-01||2015-10-03||74.4||9.5||4.6|
|J. Richard Clarke||1976-10-01||1997-10-04||93.1||21||22.6|
|Gary J. Coleman||1992-06-06||2011-10-01||78.7||19||8.6|
|Spencer J. Condie||1989-04-01||2010-10-02||79.7||21.5||9.6|
|Gene R. Cook||1975-10-03||2007-10-06||79.7||32||12.6|
|Lawrence E. Corbridge||2008-04-05||2019-10-05||71.1||11.5||0.6|
|Claudio R. M. Costa||1994-04-02||2019-10-05||71.1||25.5||0.6|
|Robert K. Dellenbach||1990-03-31||2007-10-06||83||17.5||12.6|
|John B. Dickson||1992-10-03||2013-10-05||76.8||21||6.6|
|Larry J. Echo Hawk||2012-03-31||2018-10-06||71.8||8.1||1.6|
|Richard C. Edgley||1992-10-03||2012-03-31||84.3||19.5||8.1|
|Stanley G. Ellis||2006-04-01||2017-09-30||73.3||11.5||2.6|
|Bradley D. Foster||2009-04-04||2019-10-05||71.2||10.5||0.6|
|John H. Groberg||1976-04-03||2005-10-01||85.9||29.5||14.6|
|C. Scott Grow||2005-04-02||2018-10-06||72||15.1||1.6|
|Bruce C. Hafen||1996-04-06||2010-10-02||79.5||14.5||9.6|
|O. Vincent Haleck||2011-04-02||2019-10-05||71.3||8.5||0.6|
|Donald L. Hallstrom||2000-04-01||2019-10-05||70.8||19.5||0.6|
|F. Melvin Hammond||1989-04-01||2005-10-01||86.4||16.5||14.6|
|Richard G. Hinckley||2005-04-02||2011-10-01||79||6.5||8.6|
|F. Burton Howard||1978-09-30||2005-10-01||87.1||27||14.6|
|Jay E. Jensen||1992-06-06||2012-10-06||78.3||20.3||7.6|
|Marlin K. Jensen||1989-04-01||2012-10-06||78||23.5||7.6|
|Daniel L. Johnson||2006-04-01||2016-10-01||73.4||10.5||3.6|
|L. Lionel Kendrick||1988-04-02||2001-10-06||88.7||13.5||18.6|
|W. Rolfe Kerr||1996-04-06||2007-10-06||84.8||11.5||12.6|
|Paul E. Koelliker||2005-04-02||2013-10-05||77.2||8.5||6.6|
|Larry R. Lawrence||2010-04-03||2017-09-30||72.7||7.5||2.6|
|John M. Madsen||1992-06-06||2009-10-03||81||17.3||10.6|
|Keith B. McMullin||1995-12-27||2012-03-31||78.8||16.3||8.1|
|Lynn A. Mickelsen||1990-03-31||2009-10-03||84.8||19.5||10.6|
|Dennis B. Neuenschwander||1991-04-06||2009-10-03||80.6||18.5||10.6|
|Allan F. Packer||2008-04-05||2018-10-06||71.8||12.1||1.6|
|James M. Paramore||1977-04-02||1998-10-03||92||21.5||21.6|
|Rex D. Pinegar||1972-10-06||2001-10-06||88.7||29||18.6|
|L. Aldin Porter||1987-04-04||2001-10-06||88.8||14.5||18.6|
|Carl B. Pratt||1997-04-05||2011-10-01||78.7||14.5||8.6|
|Kent F. Richards||2009-04-04||2016-10-01||74.2||7.5||3.6|
|Cecil O. Samuelson Jr.||1994-10-01||2011-10-01||78.8||17||8.6|
|Gregory A. Schwitzer||2009-04-04||2018-10-06||72.1||11.1||1.6|
|Steven E. Snow||2001-03-31||2019-10-05||70.4||18.5||0.6|
|Earl C. Tingey||1990-12-05||2008-10-04||85.9||17.8||11.6|
|Francisco J. Viñas||1996-04-06||2016-10-01||73.3||20.5||3.6|
|William R. Walker||2002-04-06||2014-10-04||75.9||12.5||5.6|
|F. Michael Watson||2008-04-05||2013-10-05||77.2||5.5||6.6|
|Robert E. Wells||1976-10-01||1997-10-04||92.3||21||22.6|
|Lance B. Wickman||1994-04-02||2010-10-02||79.5||16.5||9.6|
|Larry Y. Wilson||2011-04-02||2019-10-05||70.3||11.5||0.6|
|Claudio D. Zivic||2007-03-31||2018-10-06||71.4||13.1||1.6|
|W. Craig Zwick||1995-04-01||2017-09-30||72.8||22.5||2.6|
- a Date called as a general authority.
- b Date granted general authority emeritus status.
- c Years as general authority (not including time as an emeritus).
See also [ edit ]
- List of area seventies of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of general officers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Notes [ edit ]
- ref>This is the date Nelson was ordained and set apart as church president, per this source
- Oaks was set apart to serve in both of these capacities on January 14, 2018. Because he also serves in the First Presidency, M. Russell Ballard is the Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Eyring previously served in the First Presidency as Second Counselor to Gordon B. Hinckley from October 2007 to January 2008, and as First Counselor to Thomas S. Monson from February 2008 to January 2018.
- Because quorum president Dallin H. Oaks is serving in the First Presidency, Ballard was set apart to this position on January 14, 2018.
- Church Educational System: CES Administration: Board Members, CES administration page on lds.org. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Uchtdorf served from February 2008 to January 2018 as Second Counselor in the First Presidency to Thomas S. Monson.
- Major Assignments Announced for Elder Uchtdorf, ‘’Mormon Newsroom’’, 22 January 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018
- Elder L. Whitney Clayton, ‘’General Authorities and General Officers’’, lds.org. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- Stunning new photos of the Rome Italy Temple capture the interior for the first time, Church News, 14 January 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- The associated reference erroneously states Bednar's title as chairman of the Temple and Family History Department, but the church's Temple and Family History departments are separate and distinct. The governing council, chaired by Bednar, oversees both separate departments, so the correct title is shown here.
- Elder Craig C. Christensen, ‘’General Authorities and General Officers’’, lds.org. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- 'A joy and a delight': An Apostle's perspective on studying the gospel at home, ‘’LDS Church News’’, 27 December 2018. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- Elder Lynn G. Robbins, ‘’General Authorities and General Officers’’, lds.org. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- New Mission Leaders Relish Teachings, Greetings from First Presidency and Apostles, lds.org. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Elder Juan A. Uceda, ‘’General Authorities and General Officers’’, lds.org. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- First Presidency and NAACP Call for Greater Civility, Racial Harmony, ‘’Mormon Newsroom’’, 17 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Although no official reference exists that Rasband currently chairs this committee, since he was the only member of the Twelve in attendance at this brief press conference, an assumption is made here that this is the case.
- , Mormon Newsroom, 18 June 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- RootsTech 2019 Temple and Family History Leadership Instruction, lds.org. 28 February 2019. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Elders Gerrit W. Gong and Ulisses Soares called as new apostles of LDS Church".
- "Latter-day Saints Sustain New First Presidency in Solemn Assembly: Two new leaders named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles", Newsroom, LDS Church, 31 March 2018
- The Mormon church's newest—and most diverse—apostles say they're just regular people humbled by the calling, Salt Lake Tribune, 28 June 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- While all members of the Quorum of the Twelve have worldwide responsibility, each is also given specific area assignments by the church president.
- New Mission Leaders Relish Teachings, Greetings from First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, ChurchofJesusChrist.org, "News and Events" page, 28 June 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Includes, where applicable, prior service as a general authority seventy
- Includes, where applicable, prior service under previous presiding bishop.
- "Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced", Newsroom, LDS Church, 6 October 2015
- First Presidency Sustained, New Apostles and Other Leaders Named, Mormon Newsroom, 5 April 2008. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Utah Area Leadership Conference: Elder Rasband Introduces the New Utah Area Presidency, utah.lds.org, 16 August 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Church Announces 2017 Area Leadership Assignments, lds.org, 4 May 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- General Authorities & General Officers: Elder Patrick Kearon. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- New General Authority Seventies Called, Released April 2018 General Conference, Mormon Newsroom, 31 March 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- General Authorities and General Officers: Elder Robert C. Gay, lds.org Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- In an unprecedented move, during the April 2018 Sustaining of Church Officers, President Dallin H. Oaks announced that Vinson, Teixeira, and Godoy would replace Craig C. Christensen, Richard J. Maynes, and Juan A. Uceda, which marked the first time such changes were presented for sustaining vote in advance. See this address for verification.
- General Authorities and General Officers: Elder Terence M. Vinson, lds.org. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- 2019 Temple and Family History Leadership Instruction, lds.org, 28 February 2019. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Shortly after the April 2016 General Conference, the biographies of all General Authorities were changed to reflect this alteration in Church policy. See this link for verification.
- Dethman, Leigh (2008-04-05). "Elder D. Todd Christofferson named new apostle; other leaders called". Deseret Morning News. Last accessed 2008-04-06.
- "New Sunday School Presidency and General Authorities Announced at April 2019 Conference". Newsroom. LDS Church. 6 April 2019.
- "New General Authority callings announced", Church News, 2 April 2011, last accessed 2011-04-14.
- First Presidency Announces 2019 Area Leadership Assignments, Church News, lds.org. Published 26 April 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Eight New General Authority Seventies Announced at April 2018 General Conference: Elder Carl B. Cook and Elder Robert C. Gay named to Presidency of the Seventy", Newsroom, LDS Church, 31 March 2018
- According to this source, Baxter is currently on medical leave from his assignments.
- New Seventies and Young Men General Presidency Named at April 2020 General Conference, Newsroom, 4 April 2020. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- Church Adds Area Presidencies for U.S. and Canada, Announces Other 2018 Assignments, Church News, lds.org. Published 5 April 2018. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- New General Authorities and Auxiliary Leaders CalledArchived 8 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine (4 April 2009). Press Release, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Last accessed 5 April 2009.
- 12 called to Quorums of the Seventy (11 April 2009). Church News by Deseret News Publishing Company. Last accessed 13 April 2009.
- In April 2018, following the call of previous Asia North Area President Robert C. Gay to the Presidency of the Seventy, Choi was given this assignment, effective immediately.
- General Authorities and General Officers: Elder J. Devn Cornish, lds.org. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- First Presidency Announces New Church Historian, Comissioner of the Church Education System, Mormon Newsroom, 10 April 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- New General Authorities Called, April 6, 2013, retrieved from the LDS Newsroom on April 9, 2013.
- Changes Made in Africa West Area Presidency, lds.org, 10 Oct 2018. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- Taylor, Scott (4 April 2010). "LDS Church names new Seventies, Primary presidency". MormonTimes.com by Deseret News Publishing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah). Last accessed 4 April 2010.
- Haiti temple dedication marks the beginning of a ‘remarkable’ future for the country, Church News, 1 September 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- General Authorities and General Officers: Timothy J. Dyches, lds.org. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- Ensign, November 2018, pg. 3
- Elder Gerard Addresses NAACP National Convention, Mormon Newsroom, 16 July 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Six New General Authority Seventies Announced at April 2017 General Conference: First Presidency also calls 36 Area Seventies, LDS Church Newsroom, 1 April 2017.
- 2018 Mission Presidents called to Barbados, Madagascar, Denmark, and More, lds.org, 14 March 2018. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- Ensign, September 2019, pg. 3
- Brook P. Hales Called as General Authority Seventy, Mormon Newsroom, 18 May 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "New General Authorities, Young Men Presidency and Primary Presidency Changes Announced", Mormon Newsroom, April 4, 2015.
- New General Authorities; New Sunday School General Presidency Announced, LDS Newsroom, 2014-04-05. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- General Authorities and General Officers: Elder Jörg Klebingat, lds.org. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Missionaries Speaking Their Native Language Now to Spend Three Weeks Training, Mormon Newsroom, 13 November 2015.
- Although official verification that Ringwood now serves in this assignment is pending, it is commonly understood that the General Authority Seventy who serves on the Church Board of Education simultaneously serves as Executive Director of this Church Department.
- Wada began this assignment immediately because of Yoon Hwan Choi's call as Area President, which in turn resulted from Robert C. Gay's call to the Presidency of the Seventy.
- "'Discover, gather, connect' is new Family History credo, Church leaders say"Deseret News, 28 February 2018. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- N. Eldon Tanner, "Revelation on Priesthood Accepted, Church Officers Sustained", Ensign, November 1978, p. 16.
References [ edit ]
- General Authorities and General Officers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (current as of April 2019), lds.org, 17 April 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- First Presidency Announces 2019 Area Leadership Assignments, lds.org. 26 April 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- News of the Church: Area Presidency Assignments, Ensign, August 2019, pp. 36-37. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- Church leaders have announced that Brent H. Nielson will join this presidency in August 2020.