|Motto||Small College Big Results|
|Type||Private not-for-profit two-year college|
|President||Dr. Marnelle Alexis Stephens|
MacCormac College is a private two-year college in Chicago, Illinois. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and approved by the National Court Reporters Association and American Bar Association. MacCormac offers associate degree programs in court reporting, criminal justice, paralegal studies, business administration, and entrepreneurship.  The school is located in downtown Chicago, at 29 East Madison Street, on the second floor of the Historic Heyworth building.
History [ edit ]
MacCormac College was founded in 1904 by Dr. Morton C. MacCormac and his wife, Mary MacCormac, in Hyde Park on Chicago's south side near the University of Chicago. Dr. MacCormac served as the school's first president for 50 years. The school established the first court reporting program in the United States in 1912  and the first paralegal studies program in Illinois in 1973. 
Accreditation [ edit ]
MacCormac College is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. HLC is an independent corporation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region.
References [ edit ]
- "MacCormac College Profile (2018-19) | Chicago, IL". Community College Review. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "About MacCormac College". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Gazette Chicago » Local communities offer excellent schools, educational choices". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Higher Learning Commission". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "MacCormac College Associate Degree Programs". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Robert Morris University Illinois Signs Articulation Agreement with MacCormac College". PRWeb. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "MacCormac College Our Campus". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "MacCormac College Facts at a Glance". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Chicagoschoolreviews.com". chicagoschoolreviews.com. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Chicago Sun-Times Court Reporters: Making Words Fly". Archived from the original on 2015-03-16.
- Shepherd, Carrie; Dries, Kate. "Nation's oldest court reporting program turns 100". WBEZ. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "MacCormac College Paralegal Studies". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Chicago Law Schools & Paralegal Programs". Chicago Injury Center. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Higher Learning Commission". www.hlcommission.org. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Council for Higher Education Accreditation". Retrieved May 11, 2019.
[ edit ]
|This article related to a building or structure in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Illinois institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|