Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Centre, Matale
|Mahatma Gandhi Memorial, Matale|
It was inaugurated by President Maithripala Sirisena and Indian High Commissioner Y. K. Sinha on 22 November 2015. The Mahatma Gandhi Memorial was built in remembrance of Mahatma Gandhi's historical visit to Sri Lanka (then called Ceylon) in 1927.
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- "Construction of Mahatma Gandhi Centre in Matale in Central Province"(PDF).
- "Sri Lanka opens international centre dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- LTD, Lankacom PVT. "The Island". www.island.lk. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Laying of Foundation Stone of the Mahatma Gandhi International Centre at Matale | Asian Tribune". www.asiantribune.com. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Fernando, Shashini. "Mahatma Gandhi International Centre in Matale inaugurated". Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
|This Sri Lanka-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|