Marcos Rogério da Silva Brito
Marcos Rogério in 2019
|Senator for Rondônia|
1 February 2019
|Federal Deputy for Rondônia|
1 January 2011 – 31 January 2019
|Vereador of Ji-Paraná|
1 January 2015 – 8 June 2017
7 July 1978|
Ji-Paraná, Rondônia, Brazil
|Political party||DEM (2016–)
Marcos Rogério da Silva Brito (born 7 July 1978) more commonly known as Marcos Rogério is a federal senator of Brazil representing his home state of Rondônia. He previously served in the chamber of deputies from 2011 to 2019.
Personal life [ edit ]
Marcos Rogério was born to Samuel Lopes de Brito and Maria Cecilia da Silva. Prior to becoming a politician, Marcos Rogério worked as a journalist for Rede Globo. He is a graduate of Universidade Luterana do Brasil. Marcos Rogério is a Evangelical Christian, and belongs to the Pentecostal denomination Assembleias de Deus.
Political career [ edit ]
Marcos Rogério voted in favor of the impeachment motion of then-president Dilma Rousseff. He would later vote in favor of opening a similar corruption investigation against Rousseff's successor Michel Temer, and voted in favor of the 2017 Brazilian labor reforms.
In the 2018 Brazilian general election Marcos Rogério was elected to the federal senate with 324,939 votes. He was one of six new Evangelical members elected to the federal senate in that election.
References [ edit ]
- "MARCOS ROGÉRIO – Biografia". Câmara dos Deputados do Brasil (in Portuguese). Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "É honra ser chamado de conservador, diz Marcos Rogério" (in Portuguese). Gospel Prime. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Reforma trabalhista: como votaram os deputados" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 27 April 2017. Archived from the original on 9 April 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Veja como deputados votaram no impeachment de Dilma, na PEC 241, na reforma trabalhista e na denúncia contra Temer" [See how deputies voted in the impeachment of Dilma, in PEC 241, in the labor reform and in the denunciation against Temer] (in Portuguese). O Globo. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Como votou cada deputado sobre a denúncia contra Temer" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 4 August 2017. Archived from the original on 9 April 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Marcos Rogério, do DEM, e Confúcio Moura, do MDB, são eleitos senadores por Rondônia" (in Portuguese). O Globo. 7 October 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "De Araguacema -TO, Pastor Zequinha Marinho é eleito Senador no Pará" [From Araguacema -TO, Pastor Zequinha Marinho is elected Senator in Pará] (in Portuguese). JM Notícia. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 1 March 2019.