This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Life and work [ edit ]
Early career [ edit ]
Loughery was born in the community of Michel-Natal in the Elk Valley in southeastern British Columbia, but her family was relocated to the nearby mining town of Sparwood when the community of Michel-Natal was dismantled by the provincial government in the 1970s.
Work [ edit ]
Loughery has created mural projects in Cuba, Missouri Route 66 Mural City, US; Vernon, British Columbia, Heritage Murals; and country music themed murals in the Country Music Capital of Canada, Merritt, British Columbia. Her 9/11 mural commissioned by the Brooklyn Fire Department is on photographic display in the Smithsonian Museum.
Awards [ edit ]
- BC Community Achievement Award
References [ edit ]
- McDonough, Fiona (1 June 2003). "Painters help PS 229 memorialize 9/11". Daily News. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Canadian artist Michelle Loughery update #2…". Cuba, MO - Route 66 Mural City. 2010-10-23. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Administrator. "The Heritage Murals of Downtown Vernon - Home Page". www.vernonmurals.ca. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- loughery, michelle. "Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame". canadiancountrymusichalloffame. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "BC Community Achievement Awards". www.bcachievement.com. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
Sources [ edit ]
- Sutherland, Jim. Murals Brighten Walls, Live. More Magazine. Summer 2008
- Grant, Paul. BC Artist to Paint Sept.11th Mural for NYC School. CBC News. March 17, 2003.
- British Columbian Achievement Foundation. Thirty Nine British Columbians Receive British Columbian Community Achievements Awards. March 15, 2005.