Ministry of Planning Development & Reform
|وزارت منصوبہ بندی ترقی و خصوصی امور|
|Government Agency overview|
|Headquarters||Islamabad, Capital Territory|
|Government Agency executive|
The Ministry of Planning Development & Special Initiatives (Urdu: وزارت منصوبہ بندی ترقی و خصوصی امور , abbreviated as MoPD) is headed by the Minister for Planning Development & Special Initiatives, who must be a member of Parliament of Pakistan. The minister is also deputy chairman of Planning Commission of Pakistan But currently a different Deputy Chairman is appointed Mr Jahanzeb Khan. The administrative head of the Ministry is the Planning and Development Secretary of Pakistan.
- 1 Planning Commission of Pakistan
- 2 Pakistan Institute of Development Economics
- 3 Pakistan Planning and Management Institute
- 4 Federal Drought Emergency Relief Assistance (DERA) Unit
- 5 National Fertilizer Development Centre
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Planning Commission of Pakistan [ edit ]
The main division under ministry is Planning Commission of Pakistan which responsible for financial and public policy development institution of the Government of Pakistan. The Planning Commission undertakes research studies and state policy development initiatives for the growth of national economy and the expansion of the public and state infrastructure of the country.
Vision 2025 [ edit ]
Priority areas [ edit ]
- Integrated Energy
- Modernization of Infrastructure
- Institutionalreform and modernization of the public sector
- Value-addition in Commodity Producing Sectors
- Export promotion
- Water and food security
- Private sector-led growth and entrepreneurship
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics [ edit ]
Pakistan Planning and Management Institute [ edit ]
The Pakistan Planning and Management Institute (PPMI) is the one of the division of Planning Commission. The main objectives of PPMI are to improve technical and analytical skills and enhance expertise of the federal, provincial and district governments’ officers through training in areas of Project Management, Social development and application of Information Technology in Project management.
Federal Drought Emergency Relief Assistance (DERA) Unit [ edit ]
The function of DERA Unit is to facilitate the implementation of the project in the drought-hit areas of all the four provinces and coordinate activities carried out in the provinces to mitigate the effects of drought.
National Fertilizer Development Centre [ edit ]
The National Fertilizer Development Centre (NFDC) was set up by the Government in 1977.With the help of foreign funding NFDC studies all fertilizer-related problems from the supply source to the farmers' fields, with a view to helping in the formulation of Government policies and their implementation and to give support to other institutions.
See also [ edit ]
[ edit ]
- Ministry of Planning and Development
- National Fertilizer Development Centre
- Pakistan Institute of Development Economics
References [ edit ]
- Ministry Of Planning, Development & Reforms – Vision 2025
- NEC approves seven-pillar ‘Pakistan Vision 2025’Archived 2016-01-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Vision 2025 to put Pakistan on way to sustainable growth: Iqbal - thenews.com.pk
- Govt finalising five-year plan, Vision 2025 - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
- "FUNCTIONS OF PAKISTAN PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE.doc"(PDF). 4 July 2005. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- Approval of Planning Commission awaited: Drought mitigation project - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
- NFDC About Us Page
- National Fertilizer Development Centre | SCIENCE Pakistan
|This article about government in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|