|Needle Hill, Hong Kong|
Stage 7 of the MacLehose Trail near the summit of Needle Hill
|Elevation||532 m (1,745 ft)
Hong Kong Principal Datum
Needle Hill or Cham Shan (Chinese: 針山) is a mountain in New Territories, Hong Kong. It has an altitude of 532 m. This is a part of a popular hiking route including Grassy Hill and Tai Mo Shan. The mountain got its name due to the resemblance of a needle by its peak.
Geography [ edit ]
History [ edit ]
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- Lands Department (February 2014), Hong Kong Geographic Data (PDF), retrieved 2014-09-12
- AFCD: Shing Mun Country Park
- AFCD: MacLehose Trail Section 7: Shing Mun to Lead Mine Pass
- CEDD: Economic Geology - Metalliferous mineralsArchived 2013-12-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Roberts, KJ; Strange, PJ (September 1991). "The geology and exploitation of the Needle Hill wolframite deposit" (PDF). Geological Society of Hong Kong Newsletter. 9 (3). Hong Kong. pp. 29–40.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Needle Hill.|