New Party (Brazil)
|Vice President||Ricardo Taboaço|
|Administrative Secretary||José Carlos dos Santos|
|Secretary of Institutional and Legal Subjects||Patricia Vianna|
|Secretary of Finances||Moisés Jardim|
|Adjunct Secretary||Fábio Luís Ribeiro|
|Founded||February 12, 2011
Approved: September 15, 2015
|Membership (June 2019)||47.739|
Economic liberalism  
|Political position||Centre-right to right-wing|
|International affiliation||Liberal International (Observer)|
|TSE Identification Number||30|
0 / 81
|Chamber of Deputies||
8 / 513
1 / 27
13 / 1,024
0 / 5,568
4 / 56,810
The party was registered on 23 July 2014, supported by the signatures of 493,316 citizens. Its creation was approved on 15 September 2015. The party requested to use the number "30" for election identification. It is ideologically aligned with classical liberalism, and is mostly formed by people with no political experience.
Ideology [ edit ]
The New Party supports policies that reduce the state's interference in the economy. It does not take any stance on social issues like abortion and legalization of drugs. The party is pro-gun rights and supports same sex marriage. The party positions itself as classical-liberal.
Policy proposals [ edit ]
The party aims for the privatization of public enterprises like Petrobras and Banco do Brasil although the party supports welfare programs like Bolsa Família. The party defends the Vouchers policy to improve the inequality between public and private education. In short, he argues that the State should focus on the areas of essential services: education, health and security.
The party opposes extensive regulation in many aspects of Brazilian society and their members believe the central bank should be independent from the state.
The program of the party focuses on the defense of a democratic state which preserves Civil liberties, incentivizes Entrepreneurship and the participation of the citizen on the political life. The main objective of the party, according to the founders, is to secure economic liberty, as well as "ending privileges" instead of "protecting an elite".
National Presidents [ edit ]
|João Amoêdo||February 12, 2011 – July 4, 2017|||
|Ricardo Taboaço||July 4, 2017 – July 25, 2017|||
|Moisés Jardim||July 25, 2017 – January 30, 2019|||
|João Amoêdo||January 30, 2019 – March 5, 2020|||
|Eduardo Ribeiro||March 5, 2020 - present|||
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
novo.org.brhttp://novo.org.br. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
Missing or empty
- Pinheiro, Leo. "Desilusão com a política pode ajudar Novo a crescer, diz presidente da sigla". Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- Pinheiro, Joel. "Conversamos com João Amoedo, fundador do partido Novo". Spotniks. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "João Amoêdo faz pergunta no Twitter que anima libertários".
- The loneliness of the right-wing legislator - The Economist (2014) (subscription required)
- G1. "Partido Novo recebe registro do TSE e se torna 33ª legenda do país". g1.globo.com. G1. Archived from the original on 21 November 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- The loneliness of the right-wing legislator publication: "The Economist" (2014)
- Partido Novo. "Partido Novo website". novo.org.br. NOVO. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Conversamos com João Amoedo, fundador do partido Novo". Spotniks. 26 September 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Posicionamento - Partido Novo seus posicionamentos e ideais". NOVO. 7 March 2019. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Partido Novo quer privatizar o Brasil; veja entrevista". EXAME. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- Partido novo: a ultradireita consegue voz by Leandro Mazzini, published at " Opinião e Notícia" (2014)
- Partido Novo assume eleitorado de direita e Rede, de Marina, é a 34ª legenda no paísArchived 28 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine by Prof. Maria do Socorro Sousa Braga, of Ufscar (Citation: "The Novo Party is a legend that not only represents the right as does not hide its position. While other conservative associations never clearly assume the political spectrum where they operate, positioning itself as one ashamed right, the NOVO does not deny what it is")
- Mauricio Lima (5 July 2017). "Partido Novo anuncia troca na presidência". Veja.
- "DIRETÓRIOS". Novo.org.br.
- Silvio Mauricio Alves Martins. "João Amoedo reassumes the presidency of the NOVO". Veja.
- "João Amoedo leaves the presidency of NOVO and Eduardo Ribeiro assumes the office". novo.org.br.
[ edit ]
- New Party (Partido Novo) website
- Panorama Mercantil – Interview with João Dionisio Amoêdo – President of Novo
- Época – Interview with João Dionísio Amoedo – President of Novo
- Valor Econômico – João Dionísio Amoedo talks about the creation of Novo
- Folha de S.Paulo – João Dionísio Amoedo talks about the challenge of creating Novo
29 – LCP (PCO)
| Numbers of Brazilian Official Political Parties
30 – NEW (NOVO)
31 – HPS (PHS)