Nicolae Stanciu (footballer, born 1993)
Stanciu with Romania in 2019
|Full name||Nicolae Claudiu Stanciu|
|Date of birth||7 May 1993|
|Place of birth||Cricău, Romania|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2004–2008||Unirea Alba Iulia|
|2008–2011||Unirea Alba Iulia||36||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2019
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 7 June 2019
Nicolae Claudiu Stanciu (Romanian pronunciation: [nikoˈla.e klaˈudju ˈstant͡ʃju]; born 7 May 1993) is a Romanian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or a winger for Czech club Slavia Prague and the Romania national team.
Stanciu began his career with Unirea Alba Iulia, going on to represent Vaslui and Steaua București, winning six domestic honours and making a name for himself with the latter. He moved abroad to Anderlecht in August 2016, becoming the then-most expensive signing made by a Belgian club, but transferred to Sparta Prague only one and a half year later for another internal record fee. He left the Czech Republic at the start of 2019 to sign for Al-Ahli, only to return in that summer to the country with Slavia Prague.
Stanciu made his senior international debut for Romania in March 2016, after having previously represented it at under-19 and under-21 levels. He participated with the nation at the UEFA Euro 2016.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Club career
- 3 International career
- 4 Style of play
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Career statistics
- 7 Honours
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Early life [ edit ]
Stanciu was born in the village of Craiva from Cricău, Alba County. He was raised mainly by his grandmother, who died in 2007 when he was only 14 years old. He dedicated his first senior national team goal to her.
Club career [ edit ]
Unirea Alba Iulia [ edit ]
Stanciu joined Unirea Alba Iulia's youth system at the age of 11. On 25 May 2008, aged just 15 years and 18 days, he made his senior debut for the team, coming off the bench in a 4–1 victory over Corvinul Hunedoara in the Liga II championship. He spent the vast majority of the 2008–09 season on the sidelines, after suffering a long-term injury.
On 1 May 2010, 17-year-old Stanciu made his Liga I debut under manager Blaž Slišković, playing 20 minutes in a 2–1 home win against Steaua București. In June, he was on trial with VfB Stuttgart, but the economic discrepancies between the two clubs made the transaction collapse.
On 20 March 2011, Stanciu scored his first goal for Unirea in a 3–0 success over Petrolul Ploiești, and he also wore the captain's armband in the closing stages of the match following Adrian Câmpeanu's substitution. His last came on 20 August with the side again in the second division, in the campaign opener against CSM Râmnicu Vâlcea; during his spell, other than Stuttgart, he was tracked by various European clubs, including Brescia, Celtic and 1899 Hoffenheim.
Vaslui [ edit ]
On 9 September 2011, FC Vaslui paid Stanciu's release clause. Due to a transfer ban, "the Yellow-Greens" were initially unable to register the player and fellow league teams Dinamo București and Astra Ploiești tried to sign him. On 4 March 2012, in his competitive debut for his new club, he scored the 2–1 winner at Petrolul Ploiești.
In May 2012, after a series of good performances, Stanciu was included by Sport.ro in a Top 10 list of Romanian youths to watch. On 30 August, he netted from the penalty spot in a 2–2 away draw against Internazionale in the play-off round of the UEFA Europa League, but his side had lost 0–2 in the first leg.
Steaua București [ edit ]
On 27 March 2013, Steaua București announced the signing of Stanciu for an undisclosed fee, with the player agreeing to a five-year deal with a €20 million buyout clause. He played all 12 matches in the 2013–14 edition of the UEFA Champions League, scoring in the 2–2 away draw against Legia Warsaw in the play-off round which assured qualification to the group stage.
After the departure of Cristian Tănase in the summer of 2015, Stanciu took over his number 10 jersey, also extending his contract in February 2016 until 2021. 2015–16 was his most prolific season individually, as he netted 14 times in 39 competitive games.
On 3 August 2016, Stanciu scored twice against Sparta Prague in the Champions League third qualifying round's second leg. He also found the net in the first match, in an eventual 3–1 aggregate triumph.
Anderlecht [ edit ]
On 29 August 2016, amid interest from various European sides including Chelsea, Stanciu travelled to Belgium to sign a five-year contract with Anderlecht. The latter agreed to pay an initial €7.8 million for his transfer, with bonus clauses taking the potential fee to €9.8 million. Therefore, he became the then-most expensive player bought by a Belgian club, ahead of former record holder Steven Defour (€6 million, from Porto to Anderlecht in 2014)– in November 2017, his agent confirmed that the additional €2 million had been paid, which also made him the Romanian championship's most expensive sale after surpassing the €9.5 million move of Vlad Chiricheș to Tottenham Hotspur in 2013.
Stanciu made his debut in the Belgian Pro League on 11 September 2016, starting in a 3–2 home victory over Charleroi and receiving a standing ovation as he was substituted in the 85th minute by Olivier Deschacht. His first goals for the club came on 3 November in a Europa League group stage match against Mainz, when he netted twice for a 6–1 win. On 5 December, he was sent off for the first time in his career after receiving a second yellow card while playing against Kortrijk, having previously scored in the first half of the game which Anderlecht won 3–1.
Stanciu netted his first goal of 2017 in a league game against Sint-Truiden on 22 January, with his performance also earning him a man of the match award. On 9 March, he scored the winner against APOEL in the Europa League round of 16's first leg. He ended his first season in Brussels with eight goals and eight assists in all competitions, as the team won the national championship and subsequently qualified for the Champions League group stage.
Typically a second-half substitute under coach René Weiler, Stanciu began to play even less frequently after the arrival of Hein Vanhaezebrouck in October 2017. Belgian press reported that he would leave the capital club in the winter of 2018, either on loan or on a full transfer, with Beşiktaş and Sparta Prague as possible destinations.
Sparta Prague [ edit ]
On 18 January 2018, Stanciu underwent a medical with Sparta Prague. The transfer was confirmed five days later, with the player penning a three-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee, rumoured to be around €4.5 million which would be a Czech Republic record. According to the press, Anderlecht could also receive another €4.5 million in add-ons.
On his competitive debut on 18 February 2018, Stanciu helped to a 2–0 win against Slovan Liberec after scoring in the fifth minute. On 17 March, he netted twice before half-time in a derby with Slavia Prague which ended 3–3. He finished the 2017–18 campaign with six goals in fourteen appearances, all in the Czech First League.
Stanciu played in both legs of the 2018–19 Europa League second qualifying round against Spartak Subotica, as his team was eliminated prematurely after 2–3 on aggregate. He netted his first goal of the season on 12 August 2018, converting a free kick in a 4–0 away victory over Teplice. In early December, after a series of poor results, he was supposedly among the eleven players who refused to train under coach Zdeněk Ščasný.
Al-Ahli [ edit ]
On 28 January 2019, Stanciu was transferred for €10 million fee to Al-Ahli Saudi FC. He recorded his debut in the Saudi Professional League on 7 February, in a 4–2 away win over Al-Hazem, and scored his first goal nine days later in an Arab Club Champions Cup 2–2 draw with Al-Wasl.
Slavia Prague [ edit ]
International career [ edit ]
Stanciu was selected in Romania's squad for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship. In the tournament opener, he featured the full 90 minutes against the Czech Republic, scoring in a 1–3 loss in an eventual group stage exit.
Stanciu earned his first cap for the full side on 23 March 2016, playing the second half of a friendly with Lithuania and netting the game's only goal at the Stadionul Marin Anastasovici. On 17 May, he was picked by manager Anghel Iordănescu for his preliminary 28-man UEFA Euro 2016 squad, and eventually made it to the final list after scoring four goals in only five friendly games. He was awarded the number 10 shirt at the tournament in France, and started in the opener against the hosts, gaining a second-half penalty that was converted by Bogdan Stancu in an eventual 1–2 loss; his other appearance was against Albania (90 minutes), the 0–1 defeat leading to group phase elimination.
On 4 September 2016, Stanciu assisted Adrian Popa as Romania scored their first goal of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, in a 1–1 home draw to Montenegro where he also missed a late penalty. He made nine appearances and netted once, as the country finished fourth in its group.
Style of play [ edit ]
Stanciu, who is predominantly right-footed but is good with both legs, primarily plays as an attacking midfielder but can also be used as a winger, and is known for his playmaking skills. He was described as having "good technique, a great shot and vision of play."
During the time after his national team debut, Romanian press drew comparisons between him and former internationals Gheorghe Hagi and Adrian Mutu, both of which were highly regarded by Stanciu. However, he has on occasion shown signs of inconsistency and was criticised by former Liga Profesionistă de Fotbal president Dumitru Dragomir for not living up to expectations.
Personal life [ edit ]
Career statistics [ edit ]
Club [ edit ]
- As of 20 April 2019 
|Unirea Alba Iulia||2007–08||1||0||0||0||—||—||—||1||0|
International [ edit ]
- As of 7 June 2019 
International goals [ edit ]
- As of 17 November 2018 (Romania score listed first, score column indicates score after each Stanciu goal)
|1||23 March 2016||Marin Anastasovici, Giurgiu, Romania||1||Lithuania||1–0||1–0||Friendly|
|2||25 May 2016||Giuseppe Sinigaglia, Como, Italy||3||DR Congo||1–0||1–1||Friendly|
|3||29 May 2016||Olimpico Grande Torino, Turin, Italy||4||Ukraine||3–4||3–4||Friendly|
|4||3 June 2016||Arena Națională, Bucharest, Romania||5||Georgia||3–0||5–1||Friendly|
|5||8 October 2016||Vazgen Sargsyan, Yerevan, Armenia||9||Armenia||4–0||5–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|6||13 June 2017||Cluj Arena, Cluj-Napoca, Romania||14||Chile||2–2||3–2||Friendly|
|7||24 March 2018||Netanya Stadium, Netanya, Israel||20||Israel||1–1||2–1||Friendly|
|8||31 May 2018||Sportzentrum Graz-Weinzödl, Graz, Austria||22||Chile||1–0||3–2||Friendly|
|9||10 September 2018||Partizan Stadium, Belgrade, Serbia||24||Serbia||1–1||2–2||2018–19 UEFA Nations League C|
|10||17 November 2018||Ilie Oană Stadium, Ploiești, Romania||27||Lithuania||3–0||3–0||2018–19 UEFA Nations League C|
Honours [ edit ]
Club [ edit ]
Unirea Alba Iulia
- Liga I: 2013–14, 2014–15
- Cupa României: 2014–15; Runner-up 2013–14
- Cupa Ligii: 2014–15, 2015–16
- Supercupa României: 2013; Runner-up 2014, 2015
Individual [ edit ]
- Gazeta SporturilorRomanian Footballer of the Year: Runner-up 2016
- DigiSportLiga I Player of the Month: November 2015,March 2016
References [ edit ]
- "Are România din nou un mare "decar"? Cifrele impresionante ale lui Nicuşor Stanciu" [A new great "number 10" for Romania? Nicușor Stanciu's impressive stats] (in Romanian). ProSport. 4 June 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Cel mai în formă fotbalist român. Stanciu a confirmat şi la naţională perioada excelentă" [The most in-form Romanian footballer. Stanciu also confirmed his excellent period at the national team] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Under-19 – Romania". UEFA. Archived from the original on 2 September 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Mesajul răvăşitor al lui Nicuşor Stanciu. Ce a postat mijlocaşul Stelei în această seară" [The ravishing message of Nicuşor Stanciu. What the Steaua midfielder posted this evening] (in Romanian). ProSport. 24 March 2016. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Sa fiu noul decar" [I want to be the new number ten] (in Romanian). ProSport. 1 August 2011.
- "Mărturisiri tulburătoare ale celui mai scump fotbalist român: "Mergeam în cârje, am vrut să mă las de fotbal!"" [Distressing confessions of the most expensive Romanian footballer: "I was walking with crutches, I wanted to quit football!"] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 4 March 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Stanciu a debutat in prima liga la 17 ani" [Stanciu made his debut in the first league at 17] (in Romanian). Adevărul. 11 May 2010. Archived from the original on 31 January 2016.
- "Alba obtine o victorie de poveste" [Alba gets historic win] (in Romanian). Adevărul. 1 May 2010. Archived from the original on 8 March 2016.
- "Stanciu va sustine probe de joc la Stuttgart" [Stanciu to undergo trial at Stuttgart] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 1 June 2010.
- "Surpriză! Numărul 7 la Stuttgart: Stanciu" [Unexpected! Stuttgart's number 7: Stanciu] (in Romanian). ProSport. 7 June 2010. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Surpriza pe Cetate" [Surprise at the fortress] (in Romanian). Alba 24. 20 March 2011.
- "Unirea Alba Iulia invinge pe CSM Ramnicu Valcea" [Unirea Alba Iulia beats CSM Ramnicu Valcea] (in Romanian). Alba 24. 20 August 2011.
- "Stanciu, dorit de Brescia" [Stanciu, wanted by Brescia] (in Romanian). Monitorul CJ. 17 October 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "EXCLUSIV: Doi uniriști, în probe la Celtic Glasgow" [EXCLUSIVE: Two unionists, on trial at Celtic Glasgow] (in Romanian). Alba 24. 3 January 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Internaţionalul de juniori, Nicuşor Stanciu, va da probe la Hoffenheim" [Youth international, Nicuşor Stanciu, will trial at Hoffenheim] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Stanciu, transferat la Vaslui" [Stanciu, transferred to Vaslui] (in Romanian). Adevărul. 9 September 2011.
- "Toată lumea îl laudă, dar nimeni nu ştie prin ce a trecut: "A avut o copilărie tristă, se vede că l-a marcat!" De ce nu a mai ajuns Stanciu la Dinamo sau Astra" [Everyone praises him, but they don't know what he's been through: "He had a rough childhood, you can see that it affected him!" Why he didn't join Dinamo or Astra] (in Romanian). ProSport. 28 March 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Nicolae Stanciu: "Trebuie sa-mi vad de treaba, nu am demonstrat nimic" (Nicolae Stanciu: "I have to do my business, I have not shown anything"); Gazeta Sporturilor, 4 March 2012 (in Romanian)
- MEGA afaceri in Liga I! 10 pusti MAGICI pentru viitorul nationalei! Oamenii care merg sa bata Brazilia lui Neymar la Mondial (MEGA businesses in Liga I! 10 MAGIC kids for the future of the national team! Players who are going to beat Neymar's Brazil at the World Cup); Sport, 6 May 2012 (in Romanian)
- "Nicuşor Stanciu a înscris pe "San Siro" împotriva celebrei formaţii Inter Milano *Fostul unirist, în premieră căpitan la FC Vaslui a marcat primul gol al jocului din Europa League" [Nicuşor Stanciu scored on the "San Siro" against famous club Inter Milan *Ex-Unirea player, first time captaining FC Vaslui scored the Europa League match's opener] (in Romanian). Ziarul Unirea. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "FOTO Primele declaraţii ale stelistului Stanciu: "Pentru tata!" » Cît ia Vasluiul de la Steaua în schimbul lui" [PHOTO First words for Steaua man Stanciu: "For dad!" » The sum Vaslui will receive from the transfer] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 27 March 2013.
- "Legia-Steaua 2–2 final. Steaua, în grupele Champions League!" [Legia-Steaua 2–2 end. Steaua, in Champions League group stage!] (in Romanian). Realitatea. 27 March 2013. Archived from the original on 28 August 2013.
- "Cine preia numărul 10 după plecarea căpitanului Tănase: unul dintre remarcații finalului de campionat vrea să se impună și în mandatul lui Rădoi" [Who takes number 10 after departure of captain Tănase: one of the best players from the last part of the season wants to be a starter under coach Rădoi too] (in Romanian). Sport.ro. 5 July 2015.
- "Nicușor Stanciu și-a prelungit contractul cu roș-albaștrii pe încă 5 ani » Ce clauză de reziliere are" [Nicușor Stanciu has extended his contract with the red-and-blues for another 5 years » What is the release clause] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 19 February 2016.
- "Nicuşor Stanciu e omul momentului în fotbalul românesc! Reacţia decarului Stelei după evoluţia magică din meciul cu Sparta Praga" [Nicușor Stanciu is the man of the moment in Romanian football! The playmaker's reaction after his magic performance against Sparta Prague] (in Romanian). ProSport. 3 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Chelsea keeping tabs on Romania attacker Nicolae Stanciu ahead of potential £6 million move". Daily Mirror. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Becali a refuzat 10 milioane de euro de la un alt club. "Dacă au venit oamenii până aici, l-am dat lor"" [Becali refused €10 million from another club. "If Anderlecht came here to negotiate, I gave him to them"] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 28 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Nicolae Stanciu heeft voor 5 jaar getekend bij RSCA" [Nicolae Stanciu signed for 5 years with RSCA] (in Dutch). R.S.C. Anderlecht. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Stanciu a ajuns la Bruxelles pentru a semna cu Anderlecht! Românul trebuie să se întoarcă rapid pentru a se prezenta în cantonamentul echipei naţionale" [Stanciu arrived in Brusells to sign with Anderlecht! The Romanian has to return fast so he can take part in the national team's training sessions] (in Romanian). ProSport. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Transfert : le Roumain Nicolae Stanciu à Anderlecht (officiel)" [Transfer: Romanian Nicolae Stanciu to Anderlecht (official)] (in French). L'Équipe. 28 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Cum a negociat Becali cu trimişii lui Anderlecht. "Mi-au zis belgienii că ei n-au dat niciodată mai mult de 4-5 milioane pe un fotbalist. Stanciu o să fie vedetă acolo!". Alibec, ţintă ratată: "Dau turcii 3 milioane pe el"" [How Becali negotiated with Anderlecht. "They said they never paid more than 4-5 millions for a footballer. Stanciu will be a star there!" Alibec, failed transfer attempt: "The Turkish could pay 3 million for him"] (in Romanian). ProSport. 28 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Toate detaliile contractului semnat de Stanciu cu Anderlecht! Salariu fantastic pentru omul de aproape 10 milioane al Stelei" [All the details of the contract Stanciu signed with Anderlecht! Incredible salary for Steaua's €10 million man] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Witte rook! 'Anderlecht slaat Belgisch transferrecord aan diggelen'" [White smoke! 'Anderlecht beats Belgian transfer record by far'] (in Dutch). Voetbal Nieuws. 28 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Recordtransfer strijkt neer in Brussel" [Record transfer agreed in Brussels] (in Dutch). Metro. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Transferul istoric al celor de la FCSB s-a realizat. Gigi Becali a încasat 10 milioane de Euro pentru Nicolae Stanciu" [FCSB's historic transfer is done. Gigi Becali received 10 million Euros for Nicolae Stanciu] (in Romanian). Antena 1. 20 November 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Anderlecht-Charleroi 3–2. Chipciu a dat două assist-uri! Stanciu, ovaționat!" [Anderlecht-Charleroi 3–2. Chipciu assisted two goals! Stanciu, ovation for him!] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 11 September 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Anderlecht 6–1 Mainz". UEFA.com. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Meci incredibil pentru Stanciu la Anderlecht! Gol spectaculos și prima eliminare a carierei" [Incredible match for Stanciu at Anderlecht! Spectacular goal and the first sending-off of his career] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Stanciu premier Allianz Man of the Match de 2017" [Stanciu, first Allianz Man of the Match winner of the year] (in French). R.S.C. Anderlecht. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Stanciu, omul meciului în ultima victorie a lui Anderlecht" [Stanciu, man of the match in Anderlecht's latest victory] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Anderlecht have Stanciu to thank for slender win in Nicosia". Diario AS. 9 March 2017. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Stanciu şi Chipciu sunt CAMPIONI la primul sezon în Belgia! Anderlecht a câştigat titlul cu o etapă înaintea finalului, chiar de ziua lui Chipciu. Cifrele celor doi români în această stagiune" [Stanciu and Chipciu are CHAMPIONS in their first season in Belgium! Anderlecht won the title before the final fixture, on Chipciu's birthday. The Romanians' stats in this campaign] (in Romanian). ProSport. 18 May 2017. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Stanciu: "Je suis fait pour ce N. 10"" [Stanciu: "I am made for this number 10"] (in French). L'Avenir. 8 July 2017. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Anderlecht – Zulte Waregem 2–1" (in Dutch). Voetbalkrant. 22 July 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- Andrieș, Maria (5 November 2017). "Nicuşor, fotbalist şi orator" [Nicușor, footballer and public speaker] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Miljoenentransfer op komst bij Anderlecht: dure vogel komt niet in plannen Hein voor, maar deze club biedt uitweg" [Million transfer coming to Anderlecht: expensive bird is not part of Hein's plans, but this club offers a way out] (in Dutch). Voetbalkrant. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Stanciu va-t-il quitter le Sporting Anderlecht? Il a reçu une offre du Sparta Prague et veut y aller" [Will Stanciu leave Sporting Anderlecht? He received an offer from Sparta Prague and wants to go] (in French). Le Soir. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Stanciu, așteptat ca pâinea caldă la Praga. "Îl știu de la meciul direct, când i-a rezolvat. Va fi număr 10"" [Stanciu, expected like hot bread in Prague. "I know him from our direct meeting, when he solved the qualification. He will be the number 10."] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 18 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Stanciu hráčem Sparty" [Stanciu a Sparta player] (in Czech). Sparta Prague. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Romania midfielder Stanciu moves to Sparta from Anderlecht". Daily Mail. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Sparta break Czech transfer record for Stanciu – press". Worldfootball. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Transferul lui Stanciu de la Anderlecht la Sparta Praga, criticat. "Sparta nu e Borussia"" [Stanciu's transfer to Anderlecht, criticised. "Sparta is not Borussia"] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 19 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Stanciu po první trefě: Hezký gól, ale musíme se zlepšit. Chválil i fanoušky" [Stanciu after his first goal: Nice goal, but we have to improve. He also praised the fans] (in Czech). iSport. 18 February 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "Stanciu n-a fost de ajuns! Românul a reușit o "dublă în derby-ul cu Slavia, dar Sparta Praga a fost egalată de la 3-0 » Cum s-a descurcat Florin Niță" [Stanciu was not enough! The Romanian managed a "double" in the derby with Slavia, but Sparta Praga was level at 3–0 » How Florin Niță played]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 17 March 2018. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Sparta Praha 2–1 Spartak Subotica". UEFA.com. 2 August 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Stanciu, gol şi două pase de gol în Teplice – Sparta Praga! Românul l-a făcut golgeter pe Sural" [Stanciu, goal and two assists in Teplice – Sparta Prague! The Romanian made Šural the top scorer] (in Romanian). Fanatik.ro. 12 August 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Scandal monstru la Sparta Praga » Stanciu, Niță, Chipciu și Vătăjelu, dar și alți opt jucători ai echipei refuză să se mai antreneze!" [Great fuss at Sparta Prague » Stanciu, Niță, Chipciu and Vătăjelu, but also other eight players of the team refuse to train!]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 10 December 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Șoc pentru echipa națională » Nicolae Stanciu lasă Europa pentru țările arabe: transfer de 10 milioane de euro!" [Shock news for the national team » Nicolae Stanciu leaves Europe for the Arab world: 10 million euros trasfer!]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 28 January 2019. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Nicolae Stanciu a debutat la Al Ahli, cu o victorie împotriva echipei lui Daniel Isăilă" [Nicolae Stanciu made his debut for Al-Ahli, with a victory against Daniel Isăilă's team] (in Romanian). Libertatea. 8 February 2019. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Gol fabulos marcat de Nicolae Stanciu în duelul cu Reghe! Șut direct la vinclu care a adus aminte de Del Piero" [Fabulous goal scored by Nicolae Stanciu in the clash against Reghe! He hitted the top corner of the goal in a Del Piero style] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 16 February 2019. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "UPDATE Nicolae Stanciu has received his outstanding salary from Al Ahli! The footballer returns to the team in the summer". newsbeezer.com. 21 May 2019.
- "VIDEO Nicolae Stanciu și Alex Băluță au marcat într-un meci amical » Românii fac legea la Slavia Praga!". Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 10 July 2019.
- "Romania midfielder Stanciu moves to Slavia from Al-Ahli". The Sports Network. 4 July 2019. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "Romania 1–3 Czech Republic". UEFA. 20 July 2011. Archived from the original on 2 September 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Romania Euro 2016 squad". The Daily Telegraph. 3 June 2016. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Nicuşor Stanciu, numărul "10" la naţională după neconvocarea lui Maxim" [Nicușor Stanciu, number "10" at the national team after Maxim was not called] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 31 May 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Dimitri Payet nets superb late winner for France vs. Romania". ESPN FC. 10 June 2016. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Romania 0–1 Albania". UEFA. 19 June 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Stanciu a ratat un penalty, dar şi-a impresionat adversarii: "E un jucător creativ"" [Stanciu missed a penalty, but he impressed his opponents: "He is a creative player"] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Romania 1–1 Montenegro". UEFA. 4 September 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Schimbăm foaia. Nicuşor Stanciu: "Cu Franţa am avut emoţii. Următoarea partidă, cu Elveţia, e decisivă. Vom juca ofensiv. Dacă batem, sigur ne calificăm"" [We're changing. Nicușor Stanciu: "Against France we were nervous. The next game, against Switzerland, is decisive. We will attack. If we win, we'll qualify for sure"] (in Romanian). ProSport. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Secundul lui Daum îl laudă pe Stanciu în presa din Belgia. "E un adevărat număr 10"" [Daum's assistant coach praises Stanciu in the Belgian press. "He is a true number 10"] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 7 September 2017. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Dulca, despre calitățile unor jucători de viitor. Fotbalistul căruia este gata să-i mai dea o șansă. "Poate, într-o zi, va fi convocat"" [Dulca, about the qualities of some young players. The footballer he is willing to give one more chance. "Maybe, someday, he will be called"] (in Romanian). ProSport. 23 October 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Stanciu: "Nu mă mai comparați cu Hagi și Mutu, ei sunt unici!". Cum a decurs relaxarea de sâmbătă" [Stanciu: "Stop comparing me to Hagi and Mutu, they are unique!" How the saturday relaxation went] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Stanciu, criticat de un oficial al lui Anderlecht: "A jucat două meciuri bune și opt proaste'!'" [Stanciu, criticised by an Anderlecht official: "He had two good games and eight bad ones!"] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 16 November 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
"Stanciu l-a atacat direct, iar acum a venit răspunsul lui Dumitru Dragomir: "A jucat cu nişte desculţi! De patru ani îl aştept..."" [Stanciu directly confronted him, and now Dumitru Dragomir's reply came: "He played against a bunch of nonames! I waited for him for four years..."] (in Romanian). ProSport. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
The national team needs him, but he is not the Stanciu that we thought he would be. He reached the age of 25, he was supposed to be a leader.
- "NICOLAE STANCIU, declaraţie de dragoste emoţionantă pentru iubita sa, ANDREEA BELDEAN! "M-aş duce şi în Iad doar pentru ca..."" [NICOLAE STANCIU, declaration of love for his girlfriend, ANDREEA BELDEAN! "I would go to hell just to..."] (in Romanian). Cancan. 28 August 2016. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Terapie prin dragoste. Stanciu și-a luat iubita cu el la Bruxelles, pentru a uita penaltyul ratat cu Muntenegru VIDEO" [Love therapy. Stanciu brought his girlfriend to Brussels, to forget about the missed penalty against Montenegro VIDEO] (in Romanian). Libertatea. 13 September 2016. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Nicolae Stanciu și Andreea Beldean s-au căsătorit! Imagini senzaționale de la nuntă: Anamaria Prodan a întors toate privirile + pleiadă de vedete din showbiz" [Nicolae Stanciu and Andreea Beldean got married! Sensational wedding pictures: Anamaria Prodan turned all eyes + many showbiz stars] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 23 June 2019. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Nicolae Stanciu at Soccerway. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Nicolae Stanciu". European Football. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Superlativele GSP 2016 Stanciu, pe locul 2 în Ancheta Gazetei: "Euro, cea mai mare dezamăgire!"" [GSP Superlatives 2016 Stanciu, runner-up in Gazeta's ranking: "Euro, the biggest disappointment!"] (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 22 December 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "Fotbalistul lunii – Noiembrie 2015" [Player of the Month – November 2015] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. November 2015. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Nicolae Stanciu și-a primit trofeul "Fotbalistul lunii" înaintea derby-ului cu Dinamo" [Nicolae Stanciu received his "Player of the Month" trophy before the derby against Dinamo] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 11 April 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.