Kerovbe Patkanian (Քերովբե Պատկանյան; 1833–1889) was an Armenian linguist, the Professor of Armenian Studies at the St. Petersburg University. He was the brother of Raphael Patkanian. In 1863 he obtained the master's degree for his eastern literature study ("The History of Sassanid Dynasty according to Armenian Sources"); in 1864 he obtained the doctor degree in literature for "The Study of the Composition in the Armenian language".
Publications [ edit ]
- Catalogique de la littérature arménienne depuis le commencement du V jusqu'a XVI siécle. (St.Petersburg, 1859);
- The first Russian translation of Movses Kagankatvatsi, the Armenian writer of the 10th century,- "The History of Aluank",- with scientific notes and research (St. Petersburg, 1861)
- "Several Words About the Adverbs of Transcaucasian Gipsies" (1886)
- For the "Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary" (1861–1863) he penned a number of articles on geography and history.
Literature [ edit ]
- N. O. Emin, "Professor Patkanov as Orientalist" (Saint Petersburg, 1874); Obituary in "The Historical Herald" (1889, No. 6).
References [ edit ]
- "Armenian Medieval Historians in Print"(PDF). The Armenian Weekly. 1 September 2012. p. 16. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Agop Jack Hacikyan; Gabriel Basmajian; Edward S. Franchuk; Nourhan Ouzounian (2005). The Heritage of Armenian Literature From The Eighteenth Century To Modern Times. Detroit: Wayne State Univ Pr. p. 68. ISBN 9780814332214.
[ edit ]
- Исследование о диалектах армянского языка. 1869, St. Petersburg
|This Armenian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|