|Elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English,HINDI|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Temperature Range: 22.5°C - 35 °C|
Puthukkad is a town situated on the banks of Kurumali River, also known as Mupliyam River, in Kerala. The town is 17 km to the south of Thrissur, 16 km to the north of Chalakudy, and 1.2 km west of Cheruval. The National highway NH 544 passes through thi town.
Transportation [ edit ]
Puthukkad is on the Irinjalakuda-Thrissur railway line. Both KSRTC and private bus services connect Puthukkad to Thrissur, Amballur, Mannuthy and Palakkad in the north, Kodakara, Irinjalakuda, Chalakudy, and South Thorave, Near Pudukad Railway Station and Ernakulam in the south, Palazhi and Thottippal in the west and Mupliyam and Chengaloor in the east.
Educational institutions [ edit ]
- St Antony's Higher Secondary School
- Mary Matha I.C.S.E School
- Prajyoti Niketan College
- Govt Vocational Highschool
- MCA centre of Calicut University
Demographics [ edit ]
As of 2001[update] India census, Puthukkad had a population of 12,500. Males constitute 48% of the population and females 52%. Pudukkad has an average literacy rate of 84%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 83%. In Pudukkad, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Personalities [ edit ]
- Chelat Achutha Menon, former Chief Minister of Kerala.
- C. Raveendranath, current Minister of Education.
References [ edit ]
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
[ edit ]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Puthukkad.|