|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||420 km2 (160 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Qingjiangpu District (Chinese: 清江浦区; pinyin: Qīngjiāngpǔ Qū) is one of four districts of the prefecture-level city of Huai'an, Jiangsu Province, China. It was approved to establish on June 8, 2016. The district has an area of 420 km2 (160 sq mi) with a population of 735,900 (as of 2016). The district of Qingjiangpu has 12 subdistricts and seven towns or townships under its jurisdiction, its seat is Chengnan Subdistrict (Chinese: 城南街道).
History [ edit ]
The district was named after Qingjiangpu River (清江浦河) cut in 1415 which was a ship canal that traversed Shanyin County (山阳县) connecting the Huai River and Yellow River. The river of Qingjiangpu is a channel segment of Li Canal (里运河). As a part of the Grand Canal, it historically is the name of an artificial 32-kilometre-long waterway (20 mi) that connects the docks of Qinghe (清河码头) with the city of Shanyang (山阳城; modern Huai'an District). Its origins can be traced to the Spring and Autumn period. For wars and transport of army provisions, Fuchai King of Wu commanded to canalize Hangou Canal (邗沟) located between Hancheng (邗城; modern Yangzhou) and Mokou (末口, modern ancient town of Hexia in Huai'an) in 486 BC, the waterway Links two major river systems of the Yangtze River and Huai River, after that, Yangzhou and Huai'an started to develop.
Today's Qingjiangpu District is historically roughly Qingjiang City established in 1951. The city of Qingjiang was formed from a portion of Huaiyin County in January 1951, it was merged to Huaiyin County in August 1958, and as a county-level city of Huaiyin Prefecutre, it was reformed in October 1964. Huaiyin Prefecture ceased to be a separate prefecture, Huaiyin prefecture-level city was established in March 1983, dividing Qingjiang City, the two districts of Qinghe and Qingpu bounded by the Li Canal were created. The district of Qingjiangpu was approved to establish by the State Council through the merger of two districts of Qinghe and Qingpu on June 8, 2016 and officially created on October 8, 2016.
Geography [ edit ]
The district of Qingjiangpu is located in the main urban areas of Huai'an. It is bordered to the east by Huai'an District, to the west and north by the district of Huaiyin, to the south by Hongze District. The ancient Yellow River, Li Canal, Grand Canal and Huai River run through it. The roads, railways and waterways extend in all directions, G2 Beijing–Shanghai Expressway, Nanjing-Huai'an Expressway and Nanjing-Lianyungang Expressway converge here, the Xinyi–Changxing railway runs through the whole territory. The district is near Huai'an Airport, it is an important regional transportation hub in northern Jiangsu.
Subdivision [ edit ]
|Administrative divisions of Qingjiangpu District|
|Changdong Subdistrict||Chángdōng jiēdào||长东街道|
|Changxi Subdistrict||Chángxī jiēdào||长西街道|
|Chengnan Subdistrict||Chéngnán jiēdào||城南街道|
|Fuqian Subdistrict||Fǔqián jiēdào||府前街道|
|Huaihai Subdistrict||Huáihǎi jiēdào||淮海街道|
|Liushuwan Subdistrict||Liǔshùwān jiēdào||柳树湾街道|
|Pulou Subdistrict||Pǔlóu jiēdào||浦楼街道|
|Qinghe Subdistrict||Qīnghé jiēdào||清河街道|
|Qingjiang Subdistrict||Qīngjiāng jiēdào||清江街道|
|Qingpu Subdistrict||Qīngpǔ jiēdào||清浦街道|
|Shuidukou Subdistrict||Shuǐdùkǒu jiēdào||水渡口街道|
|Zhakou Subdistrict||Zhákǒu jiēdào||闸口街道|
|Huangma Township||Huángmǎ xiāng||黄码乡|
|Heping Town||Hépíng zhèn||和平镇|
|Wudun Town||Wǔdūn zhèn||武墩镇|
|Yanhe Town||Yánhé zhèn||盐河镇|
|Bochi Township||Bōchí xiāng||钵池乡|
|Xuyang Township||Xúyáng xiāng||徐杨乡|
|Nanmachang Township||Nánmǎchǎng xiāng||南马厂乡|
- 4 townships are administrated by the Management Committee of Huai'an Economic and Technological Development Zone
- Bochi Township (钵池乡)
- Xuyang Township (徐杨乡)
- Nanmachang Township (南马厂乡)
- Zhangma Office or the former Zhangma Township (张码办事处)
- an area is administrated by the Management Committee of Huai'an Industrial Park
- Ninglianlu Office (宁连路办事处)
Economy [ edit ]
According to preliminary accounting of the statistical authority, the gross domestic product in 2016 was 40,030 million yuan (6,027 million US dollars), up by 8.8 percent over the previous year. Of this total, the value added of the primary industry was 1,025 million yuan (154 million US dollars), up by 1.8 percent, that of the secondary industry was 9,427 million yuan (1,419 million US dollars), up by 10.3 percent and that of the tertiary industry was 29,578 million yuan (4,453 million US dollars), up by 8.6 percent. The value added of the primary industry accounted for 2.6 percent of the GDP; that of the secondary industry accounted for 23.5 percent; and that of the tertiary industry accounted for 73.9 percent. The per capita GDP in 2016 was 112,624 yuan (16,956 US dollars).
Attractions [ edit ]
- The Ruins of Hanxin Fortress (韩信城遗址) and Tomb of Han Xin's mother (韩母墓): The Hanxin Fortress (韩信城) is located in the south of the urban area in Qingjiangpu District, on the west of Grand Canal Bridge and on the south of Huaihai Road which runs through the urban area of Huai'an. It was built in 202 BC, its ruins still exist there. Tomb of Han Xin's mother is also as Qingshui Mound (青水墩), it is situated on the south east of the Hanxin Fortress.
- Bochi Mountain: The mountain of Bochi (钵池山) is one of 72 Taoist paradises in the book of Remember the Fairy Grottoes (洞天福地记) by Du Guangting (the late Tang dynasty), it is a park with an area of 120 hectares (300 acres).
- Qingjiang Dam Gate: The Dam Gate of Qingjiang (清江大闸;or Qingjiang Locks) is one of four sets of canal's locks built in 1410 (Ming dynasty) within the channel segment of Qingjiangpu, it is one of the best preserved masonry buildings in the Grand Canal.
- Qing Yan Garden: Qing Yan is an ancient Chinese garden. It became the seat of governor-general of riverways (河道总督) in 1678, the governor-general of riverways ceased to be a governor in 1860, instead of that, it was the seat of governor of water transportation (漕运总管).
References [ edit ]
- 《国务院关于同意江苏省调整淮安市部分行政区划的批复》（国函〔2016〕100号 2016年6月8日） [Official Reply from the State Council On Approving Parts of Administrative Divisions in Huai'an City (8 June 2016)]. xzqh.org. 2016-09-05., jiangsu.gov (2016-08-02) or 360doc.com (2017-04-10)
- Brief introduction of Qingjiangpu District / 清江浦区简介 see haqp.gov
- 里运河文化长廊 [Cultural corridor of Li Canal]. China Today. 2016-02-29. or people.com (2015-07-17)
- according to the Statistical Communiqué of Qingjiangpu District on the 2016 National Economic and Social Development / 淮安市清江浦区2016年国民经济和社会发展统计公报 see haqp.gov (2017-05-01) or jschina.com (2017-04-14)
- Ruins of Hanxin Fortress and Tomb of Han Xin's mother / 韩信城遗址和韩母墓 see haqp.gov (2017-05-15), bytravel.cn
- The mountain of Bochi / 钵池山 see haqp.gov (2017-06-14) or bytravel.cn
- Qingjiang Dam Gate / 清江大闸 see haqp.gov (2017-07-14) or huaian.gov (2017-11-15)
- Qing Yan Garden / 清晏园 see haqp.gov (2017-08-14) or jschina.com (2016-07-25 09)