|Look up riff in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A riff is an example of ostinato, a short, repeated musical phrase.
Riff, RIFF, The 'Riff, or Riffs may also refer to:
Acronyms [ edit ]
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival
- Resource Interchange File Format
- Reykjavík International Film Festival
- Riverside International Film Festival
- Rome Independent Film Festival
Fictional characters [ edit ]
- Riff (dinosaur), on Barney & Friends
- Riff (Sluggy Freelance)
- Riff, the leader of the Jets in West Side Story
- Riff Randle, protagonist of the Ramones film Rock 'n' Roll High School
- The Riffs, a gang in the film The Warriors
Music [ edit ]
- Riff (American band), a 1980s/1990s rhythm and blues vocal group
- Riff (Argentine band) a hard rock band
- Riffs (album), a 2003 album by Status Quo
- "The Riff" (Lordi song), 2013
- "Riff", a song by Sander van Doorn from Supernaturalistic
- "The Riff Song", a musical number from The Desert Song
Other uses [ edit ]
- The Riff, an Australian music video television show
- Riff: Everyday Shooter, a 2007 video game
- Penrith, New South Wales, Australia, nicknamed "The Riff"
- MSTing or riffing, a form of humorous media commentary
- WRIF, "The Riff", a radio station in Detroit, Michigan, US
See also [ edit ]
|disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Riff.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.