Rocco Design Architects
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Rocco Design Architects Associates Limited|
|Key architects||Rocco S. K. Yim|
|Significant works and honors|
|Buildings||Hong Kong Station, Citibank Plaza, Guangdong Museum.|
|Projects||West Kowloon Cultural District (in selection process)|
Rocco Design Architects Associates Limited (Chinese: 嚴迅奇建築師事務有限公司), led by Rocco Yim, is a Chinese design architectural practice based in Hong Kong. It is responsible for the design of many iconic buildings in the special administrative region and Guangdong province, including the Hong Kong SAR Government Headquarters, iSQUARE, One Peking Road, Yunnan Museum and Guangdong Museum. It employs 160 staff in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
Mr. Rocco S.K. Yim founded its predecessor firm Rocco Design Architects Limited in March 1979. Mr. Patrick P.W. Lee joined Rocco Design Partners in June 1980.
The firm has exhibited four times in the Venice Biennale over the last decade, in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2012. In 2015, the practice was invited to showcase their work at Architecture Forum Berlin, in the dedicated Exhibition titled "Intensity: the works of Rocco Design Architects, Hong Kong".
Awards [ edit ]
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The firm has received numerous awards, ARCASIA Gold Medals in 1994 and 2003, the Chicago Athenaeum Architectural Awards in 2006, 2011 and 2013, the Kenneth F. Brown Award in 2007, and the World Architecture Festival category winner in 2011.
Within the latest projects, The Yunnan Museum, opened to the public in 2015, has received a "HKIA Hong Kong Medal of the Year", and two Honorable Mentions at the International Design Awards 14 and Architizer Awards 2016.
Notable works [ edit ]
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen Campus 
- Bao'an Cultural Complex
- Wesleyan House Methodist International Church
- Yunnan Museum
- HKSAR Government Headquarters
- One Peking Road 
- Citibank Plaza 
- Man Yee Building
- China Online Centre
- Victoria Towers
- Guangdong Museum
- Hong Kong Palace Museum (planned)
Gallery [ edit ]
Further reading [ edit ]
- Being Chinese in Architecture: Recent Works in China by Rocco Design. 2004. ISBN 978-9-889761-02-8.
- Presence: The Architecture of Rocco Design. 2013. ISBN 978-9-881858-32-0.
- Reconnecting Cultures: The Architecture of Rocco Design. 2013. ISBN 978-1-908967-00-8.
- City in Architecture: Recent Works of Rocco Design Limited. Images Publishing Group. 2006. ISBN 978-1-876907-22-8.
References [ edit ]
- Kristal, Mark (July 2008). "Detour: Hong Kong". Dwell Magazine. pp. 192–198. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- Forum, Aedes Architecture. "INTENSITY - Aedes Architecture Forum". www.aedes-arc.de. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Johnston, Georgina. "Shenzhen campus of the Chinese University of Hong Kong completed". World Architecture News. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- "rocco design architects associates completes library and cultural center for complex in shenzhen". designboom | architecture & design magazine. 2019-12-02. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "Rocco Design Architects creates skyscraper church in Hong Kong". Dezeen. 2019-10-31. Retrieved 2020-05-28.