|Venue||Sands Expo (As of 2010)|
|Location(s)||Las Vegas, Nevada (As of 2010)|
|Organized by||National Shooting Sports Foundation|
It is the biggest event of this type in the world together with IWA & OutdoorClassics ("IWA Nuremberg"), also taking place annually. "SHOT", besides being a general reference to shooting, is an acronym for "Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade" (show). The SHOT Show is restricted to members of the shooting, hunting, military and outdoor trade industry including commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products. It is not open to the general public.
The first SHOT Show was held in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1979. The show is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. It used to rotate between Las Vegas, Nevada; Orlando, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana, and several other U.S. cities, although in the last few years it has taken place only in Las Vegas and is contracted to remain there through 2027. It attracted over 60,000 attendees to its 630,000 square feet of exhibition space in Las Vegas. It is among the top 25 trade shows in the US.
Locations [ edit ]
Source for all attendance information:
References [ edit ]
- Dolnack, Chris (20 August 2012). "SHOT Show's Host Cities: SHOT Show at 35". SHOT Show. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "SHOT Show FAQ". SHOT. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Valentine, Matt (Sep 12, 2013). "The Gun Lobbying Group You Don't Hear About". The Atlantic.
- Prince, Todd (20 January 2019). "More than 58K attending SHOT Show in Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Cox, Matthew (30 October 2020). "Organizers Cancel SHOT Show as COVID-19 Cases Spike". Military.com. Retrieved 10 November 2020.
[ edit ]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SHOT Show.|