Sceneway Garden (Chinese: 匯景花園) is a private housing estate in Lam Tin, Hong Kong, built by Cheung Kong Holdings, and completed in 1992. Sceneway Garden is one of the few dog-friendly and pet-friendly private housing estates in Hong Kong, with a large open space for recreation that is suitable for exercising dogs.
Structure and location [ edit ]
Sceneway Garden is built on top of the Lam Tin MTR Station and Lam Tin Bus Terminus, providing transport to residents. Located near the Eastern Harbour Crossing, Sceneway Garden also has an outlet to Hong Kong Island.
Situated on a platform above Route 2, the underlying layer of the platform houses a shopping mall, Sceneway Plaza, and a link to the MTR station. Two other major shopping plazas in Hong Kong, APM and Laguna Plaza are close by.
Sceneway Garden consists of 17 blocks, blocks 9 to 17 in Phase B, which was unveiled earlier and are 28 floors tall each, and blocks 1 to 8 in Phase A, with heights varying from 31 floors to 34 floors.
History [ edit ]
In the late 1980s, Cheung Kong acquired two pieces of land in Lam Tin, one being a former Shell oil depot, the other above the newly built Lam Tin MTR Station and bus terminus, and developed them into Laguna City and Sceneway Garden respectively. Laguna City was completed in 1991 and Sceneway Garden was completed in 1992.
Demographics [ edit ]
Census data indicate that Sceneway Garden had a population of 12,490 in 2011, mostly Hong Kong Chinese. However, due to the presence of a Japanese school nearby in Laguna City, Japanese people also form a large proportion of the residents, in comparison to other residential developments in Hong Kong.
Transport [ edit ]
- Road transport
- Flyover access from Kai Tin Road near Lei Yue Mun Interchange
- Buses and minibuses
- Franchised bus
- Kowloon Motor Bus routes 14, 14B, 14C, 15, 15A, 15P, 16M, 38, 42C, 62X, 74S, 89D, 89P, 93M, 215X, N216, 216M, 258D, 259D, 277X, 298P
- Citybus routes A22, E22, E22P, R22, 61R
- Cross-harbour routes 601, N601, 606, 619, 619P, N619, 621, 641, 671, 690, 690P, N690, N691, 692, 694, 698R
- All at Lam Tin MTR Station stop.
- Green minibus routes 23, 23B, 23C at Sin Fat Road stop; 76, 108M at Lam Tin Bus Terminus
- Red minibus routes Chai Wan - Kwun Tong, Wan Chai - Lam Tin, Ko Chun Court - Yan Oi Square
See also [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- Sceneway Garden Official Homepage
- Market Behaviour of DevelopersArchived 2007-02-03 at the Wayback Machine – Consumer Council. Retrieved on 18 February 2007.
- Leung, Sum-cheung (1996). Planning in Hong Kong for industrial relocation (Master of Science in Urban Planning thesis). University of Hong Kong. Retrieved Sep 15, 2014.
- 2011 Population Census: Fact Sheet for Sceneway Garden in Kwun Tong District Council District. For the purpose of the 2011 census, each of the "Major Housing Estates", among which South Horizons was listed, had its own census data entry. Such estates were thus defined: "A group of residential buildings developed by the same developer (either in the public sector or in the private sector) in one or more phases in a neighbourhood and with at least 3,000 residents or 1,000 domestic households in 2011."
- (in Japanese)香港教育事情あれこれ PART 2Archived 2007-03-14 at the Wayback Machine - InfoSeek
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sceneway Garden.|