Simon ben Camithus
He was High Priest of Israel from 17AD to 18AD. Very little is known of him, however he was often ridiculed in the Talmud and according to Josephus was succeeded as High Priest by Joseph Caiaphas.
References [ edit ]
- James C. VanderKam. From Joshua to Caiaphas: High Priest after the Exile (Fortress, 2004).
- Robert Killian The Holy Bible "Chronicle" of Sequential Biblical Events (AuthorHouse, 2012).
- High Priests of the Second Temple Period.
- Yoma 47
- Josephus, Antiquities 18.2.2.
- N. L. Kuehl, 1997 A Book of Evidence (Chapter Four).
Eleazar ben Ananus
|High Priest of Israel
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Judaism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|