Statue of Bruce Lee (Hong Kong)
Bruce Lee's statue in Hong Kong.
|Location||Avenue of Stars, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong|
|Completion date||November 27, 2005|
|Dedicated to||Bruce Lee|
History [ edit ]
The Hong Kong Bruce Lee Club raised $US 100,000 for a statue to be erected after pleas to the government to honour his legacy. A 2.5 metre bronze statue by artist Cao Chong-en was erected along the Avenue of Stars attraction near the waterfront at Tsim Sha Tsui. It shows a classic 'ready to strike' Bruce Lee pose, as seen in the 1972 movie Fist of Fury. Hew Kuan-yau, a member of the Bruce Lee Fan Club Committee, said, "We want the people to know about the legend of Bruce Lee." The statue was unveiled by Bruce Lee's brother Robert Lee on 27 November 2005, celebrating what would have been Bruce's 65th birthday.
References [ edit ]
- BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Hong Kong's honor for Bruce Lee
- Hong Kong unveils Bruce Lee statue - People - Entertainment - theage.com.au
- cbs5.com - Bruce Lee Fans Aim for Hong Kong StatueArchived January 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Riquelmy, Alan (November 28, 2010). "Amazing Race 2010: Who got eliminated in the Amazing Race Season 17 Episode 10?". Ledger-Enquirer. Retrieved April 1, 2020.
- "The Amazing Race Norge sesong 1: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" [The Amazing Race Norge season 1: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly]. Erik Newth (in Norwegian). Retrieved April 1, 2020.
- Adams, Joanna (July 23, 2014). "'Amazing Race Canada' Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: To Hong Kong". HuffPost. Retrieved April 1, 2020.
[ edit ]
- Media related to Statue of Bruce Lee at Avenue of Stars at Wikimedia Commons